Sr. Meeting Planner
- Portland, OR
- Job Type
About Henry V Events
Henry V is an experiential marketing and live event agency that creates brand advocacy with consumers, customers, employees and business audiences through meaningful face-to-face, digital and social experiences.
The Meeting Planning Division within Henry V is seeking a Sr. Meeting Planner to join their dynamic event department.
So, are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity with a company that makes things happen? You’ll discover that we have a distinctly different company environment.
Henry V was founded in 1978. We have been a national leader in events for over thirty years. The Henry V team includes proven expertise in communications arts, event planning and technical staging. The growth of Henry V will be dependent on our ability to make things happen for our clients at the highest quality service and competitive price. At the same time, it is critical that we manage client relationships to be mutually beneficial, respectful and continually demonstrative of the value we bring them. Contractor must have exceptional customer service, leadership, communication and organizational skills. A “can-do” attitude is a must in this position at Henry V.
About the position:
The Sr. Meeting Planner is a department leader within the Logistics Division. They will manage both Meeting Planners and Jr. Meeting Planners to ensure the successful execution and completion of client programs. They are also responsible for research, budgeting, event registration websites, program organization/planning, and on-site management. They serve as liaison between the Account Manager and hotel/supplier for the duration of the meeting. In many circumstances they will have direct contact with our clients and be working on multiple programs simultaneously.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to work under stress
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately – often times under very short deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be willing to travel
- Must carry liability insurance
- Have a cooperative team approach but able to work independently
Job Specific Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages team of Meeting Planners and junior staff
- Responsible for/ will assist HR with the hiring and off boarding of Logistics staff
- Responsible for the training of logistics staff
- Responsible for the timely and regular reviews of the logistics staff
- Responsible for meeting with team and setting goals for the logistics staff
- Responsible for representing the logistics department to clients and internals staff and management
- Directly responsible for program development, planning and execution of all event components for assigned programs
- Add value to the client by advising best practices, cost savings and staying within budget
- Create and update budgets as necessary during planning stage and assisting in preparing final billing
- Independently able to proof documents, conduct venue research, cross-check lists, prepare materials, correspond with hotels and ground transportation companies, and attendee communications, build and maintain event registration system, etc.
- Source hotel or offsite venues/send RFPs and summarize research in PowerPoint presentations
- Conduct site inspections
- Work directly with hotels/ground transportation companies/and other various third-party vendors to negotiate costs, arrange for services and ensure all details are correct
- Respond to attendee emails and requests in a timely manner
- Make arrangements for ancillary meetings associated with larger programs and comfortable working with high level VIP’s
- Utilize preferred vendors for quality of service and maximum pricing leverage/compliance
- Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity when negotiating with suppliers and interacting with clients and co-workers
- Track cost savings, final attendee registration and budget reconciliation
- Thorough knowledge of room blocks and attrition; able to manage room blocks and rooming lists independently
- Strong background in food and beverage; comfortable planning menus, tracking dietary requests, assisting in giving guarantees, and checking F&B onsite
- Expert in airport transportation and group movements
- Adhere to all deadlines, turnaround timelines & compliance requirements
- Determine and arrange all detailed program needs (i.e. set-up and manage event registration system, meeting room set-up, function times, basic audio visual needs, menu selections, on-site/off site events and activities, DMC operations, special events, ground transfers, room deliveries, room blocks and rooming lists, and VIP needs--prepare and provide client with timeline outlining all planned program details
- Provide on-site program assistance as needed; oversee all arranged details of program (registration, rooming, transportation, food and beverage, materials and special requests)
- Comfortable overseeing vendors onsite
- Ensure internal and external reporting requirements are met
- Monitor and review supplier billing and ensure timely payment and reconciliation
- Reconcile programs in a timely manner, in accordance with Henry V and client standards
Transferable Skills (Functional Competencies)
- Business professional
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and enthusiastic
- Comfortable leading – client meetings, calls, and all aspects of an event
- Capacity of problem solving and assisting Senior Meeting Director in creative solutions
- Ability to identify event needs and respond creatively--listening to information, asking questions when things are unclear, applying knowledge and determining event solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to ever-changing situations
- Ability to initiate new ideas
- Accepts responsibility for work performed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum eight (8) years meeting/program planning experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (especially able to work in excel)
- Proficiency in event planning software (Cvent and Etouches a plus)
- Hospitality industry and destination knowledge
- Ability to travel for extensive periods of time
- Ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week as necessary
Position requires sitting or standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 40 pounds, extensive use of computer, driving an automobile and personal automobile available for business use (mileage is reimbursed), math skills commensurate with position demands, able to access file cabinets, use office equipment (printer, fax, collator) able to visually ID document titles/categories for accurate filing, able to proofread document for proper spelling and grammar, sign a non-disclosure agreement. Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically.
- CMP preferred
- Etouches/Cvent experience preferred
- Prior agency experience a plus
How to Submit: Respond by email only with a cover letter and resume. No telephone or postal inquires please.
Henry V is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted 25 days ago