- Portland, OR
- Job Type
Henry V – the Northwest’s leading live event agency seeks to add an IT Technician to its winning team. Henry V offers competitive wages, full benefits, and an exciting team atmosphere.
The growth of our company will be dependent on our ability to make things happen for our clients at the highest quality service and competitive price. At the same time, it is critical that we manage client relationships to be mutually beneficial, respectful and continually demonstrative of the value we bring them.
Candidates must have exceptional customer service, leadership, communication, and organization skills. Stop now if you cannot claim all four.
Internal IT Functions:
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Henry V IT Department.
- Assist with maintaining & enforcing internal IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of technical computer-related problems.
- Assist with the operations of Henry V’s systems; perform administrative and support activities, which include: workstations (desktop, laptop, both Windows & Mac) and software configuration - as well as some server maintenance.
- Building & configuring new workstations (desktops, laptops, both Windows & Mac).
- Identify, evaluate and solve end user workstation problems.
- Provide technical support to end users in support of their business activities; analyze and make recommendations on instructional needs of end users; train staff in the proper care and general maintenance of computer & technology equipment. Assist the IT Manager with the implementation and training of colleagues in use of new technologies.
- Assist with maintenance and connectivity on workstations, servers, printers, switches, routers and wireless access points.
- Workstation hardware/software installs and updates/patches.
- Perform troubleshooting to help resolve problems with hardware and software.
- Perform minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Help install local area network cabling systems and equipment.
- Assist in troubleshooting problems with the network.
- Assist with maintenance and support of PBX phone system and voicemail server, including updates to company greetings, menu trees and extension relocation.
- Assist in supporting company cell phones including both Apple and Android devices.
- Provide on-call, after-hours remote support as needed for employees during critical projects, as well as occasional fill-in for IT Manager during absences.
- Maintain accurate inventory records of IT assets.
- Updating ticketing system to reflect work in progress or completed tasks, along with explanations of troubleshooting techniques & resolution.
- Experienced in supporting senior level executives.
- Develop/update/maintain documentation for support/troubleshooting, network layout, workstation installation, user support, and some server maintenance; maintain software licenses and hardware and software inventory.
External IT Functions:
- Occasionally work with vendors & clients to assist the IT Manager during heavy workload periods.
- Potential to travel for work on-site at events as a support technician for technology needs and computer equipment.
Qualifications for Position:
Strong communication skills, very strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills, enthusiasm, attention to detail, professional attitude and appearance, able to communicate with all levels of employees, team player, collaboration skills, excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills, demonstrate an ability to successfully relate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed.
Required Education and Skills:
- High School diploma, plus 2 years of computer technology education or equivalent job experience in an IT department.
- Very strong computer & network troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to resolve basic to advanced hardware, software and connectivity problems.
- Experience with multiple platforms including Windows XP/7/8/10 & Mac OS X/macOS.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Windows 2010/2013/2016, Mac 2011/2016, & Office 365).
- Knowledge of computer system imaging process and experience with Ghost or FOG.
- Experienced in supporting smartphones & tablets (Android, iPhone and iPad).
- Knowledge of network printer installation, setup and troubleshooting.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Experience with Windows servers (2008/2012) and Active Directory.
- Experience with Group Policy.
- Experience with Hyper-V virtualization.
- Experience supporting cloud applications (Dropbox, Google apps, Salesforce, etc.).
- Experience in server backups & familiarity with testing/executing disaster recovery plans.
- Experience with Exchange (2007/2010/2013) in Windows server environments.
How To Apply:
- Respond by email only with reverse chronological work history, including compensation history.
- No telephone or postal inquires please.
- Henry V is an equal opportunity employer.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Able to lift file boxes or equipment up to 50 pounds from floor to desk height
- Able to operate a computer
- Able to operate a computer for long periods of time
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Have manual dexterity to configure workstations
- Able to visually ID document titles/categories for accurate filing
- Able to accurately execute basic arithmetic including percentages
- Able to proofread documents for proper spelling and grammar
- Valid driver license
- Driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier for inclusion on our insurance
- Able to return dishware from the dishwasher to the cabinetry with the aid of a step stool if necessary
Posted 30+ days ago