- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Job Type
Hippo Digital are a leading digital service design consultancy working with public and private sector clients in the UK.
We provide digital leaders, service design teams and delivery expertise in support of large-scale digital transformation programmes – we are lean, agile and user-centred.
There's no point building the thing right if you're not building the right thing. User research is a critical component of the design process. In a Lean and Agile environment, it's a challenging and pivotal role in ensuring the right service is delivered, at the right time, in the right way.
We are looking for user researchers with well developed ethnographic research skills or design researchers with a thorough working understanding of user experience. Please do not apply if you do not meet these criteria. No agencies please.
The User Researcher supports the Product Owner as part of the customer team of Agile Business Analysts, Service Designer, User Experience Designers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) assigned by the sponsoring business unit. The main aims of the role are to:
- Provide user insights that will inform the design decisions made throughout the Agile delivery process from discovery to go live
- These insights will cover users’ behaviour, motivations and end goals
- You will be familiar with the different methods to achieve these insights (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Understand and support Lean principles for the delivery of services - the need to validate hypothesies quickly to inform the design process over protracted research phases
- Work to a high level of ethical and professional standards
- Knowledge and experience of user-centred design practices, preferably with some experience of the GDS Service Manual
- Experience of research design and proposal writing in which the research design closely maps to the research objectives.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research activities such as sampling, questionnaire design and analysis, interviews, ethnographic observations, facilitating workshops, focus groups and other types of group discussion, managing stakeholder engagement sessions
- Support usability evaluation sessions in the laboratory or remotely such as experimental design, using a range of tools to collect data, writing usability reports supported by evidence such as video, graphs, tables and pictures
- Negotiate with the project team to ensure that user research makes a valuable contribution to a project and that user insights are acted upon
Permanent preferred, although contract applications considered
Posted 5 months ago