- Greensburg, IN 47240
- Job Type
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., a division of Hitachi Chemical, is a state-of-the-art automotive parts manufacturer of Powdered Metal Engine Components. We are seeking an entry level Quality Engineer for our Greensburg facility.
- Acts as the Quality Representative for APQP and all related issues.
- Acts as the customer contact for all quality and production related issues.
- Prepares and submits PPAP’s in accordance to either/both HPMA and/or customer requirements.
- Works in conjunction with our customers to resolve a mutually satisfying result to customer complaint(s).
- Oversees and is the Team Champion for all external Problem Solving Teams.
- Assumes a proactive role in industry organizations and functions.
- Has a working knowledge of Statistical Techniques for data analysis.
- Is a member of the Material Review Board as required by Quality Manager.
- Is proficient in the operation of all of the measurement equipment..
- Conducts off-site Quality System Surveys with the Purchasing Department of our suppliers and subcontractors. Insures that follow-up corrective action is addressed, implemented and is effective.
- Works in conjunction with Production Engineering to resolve and implement corrective action (s) pertaining to internal issues.
- Submits and attains Customer Deviations as required.
- Works as directed on specific projects and their successful completion as prescribed by the Quality Manager.
- Attends training and customer driven seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Is able and willing to travel for extended periods of time to work off-site.
- Other as needed/required by Quality Manager.
Requirements for the position:
- B.S. Technical Degree is required
- Proficient in: Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint; Minitab SPC software
- Experience in Powder Metallurgy is preferred
- CQE is preferred
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as
comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k, among many others.
Posted 30 days ago