Maintenance Group Leader
- Greensburg, IN 47240
- Job Type
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., a division of Hitachi Chemical, is a state-of-the-art automotive parts manufacturer of Powdered Metal Engine Components. We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Group Leader for our Greensburg facility.
This position is responsible for leading the 12-hour maintenance back shift. Working hours will be from 10:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m., Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime will be required for early coverage, weekend and vacation coverage, as well as staying late for meetings and trainings. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Work with production leadership on a daily basis to understand production priorities.
- Lead 12-hour back shift team to ensure planned maintenance, reactive maintenance, projects, OEE and costs are achieved.
- Determine whether or not breakdowns are repairable during shift.
- Utilize backshift team and resources to implement permanent repairs.
- Take the lead in promoting change through conscientious decision making and a positive mind-set (i.e.: Attending breakdowns and leading by example)
- Coach and motivate team members.
- Follow all health and safety rules.
- Ensure team members follow all health and safety rules.
- Strong leadership skills (i.e. self-starter, takes initiative, etc.)
- Ability to motivate and inspire team in a positive constructive manner and provide constructive feedback
- Hands on approach to leading (lead by example)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present ideas and proposals clearly and effectively.
- Minimum 3rd year apprentice or equivalent with an Associate’s degree in a related field.
- Basic knowledge of robot repair
- Ability to troubleshoot automation
- Excellent people and time management skills
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety rules
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize key tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Understand lean management principles
- Prior experience with 6S
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as
comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k, among many others.
Starting Pay for this Position will be from $22.89 to $30.00 per hour based on education and experience.
Posted 9 days ago