- Wixom, MI
- Job Type
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., (HPMA) is a supplier of automotive valve train component parts to major automotive manufacturers in North America. Headquartered in Greensburg, Indiana, HPMA is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sales Manager to serve our automotive customers from our Wixom, MI. office.This position is responsible for the sale of Powdered Metal products primarily within the North America Market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- Develops current customer base and establishes new customers. Promotes powdered metals division by making regular sales calls and updating customers on new offerings.
- Keep current with the market in terms of competitive products and customer applications.
- Analyzes sales performance. Keeps the company informed of customer changes based on account responsibilities. Submits reports to management on a timely basis.
- Improve territory performance through increased sales and increased gross margins.
- Becomes actively involved in sales training programs.
- Acts as a resource to account managers in contract opportunities and proposals.
- Assists account managers with contract negotiations, closing the sale and developing marketing plans for contract accounts.
- Handle customer complaints and solve conflicts within the company.
- Supports the marketing effort in working with advertising agencies and other vendors to develop marketing collateral and to support the marketing strategy by attending trade shows, distributing sales materials in support of existing and new capabilities.
- Participates in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs.
- Coordinates and assists in leading sales meetings to include site selection and agenda preparation.
- Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers.
- Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining resellers and assisting resellers in attaining new accounts.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding products provided.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Business Acumen.
- Results Driven.
- Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
Education and Experience:
- At least 10 years of field sales experience with minimum 5 years in manufacturing organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical degree. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years management experience.
- Experience in Powdered Metals preferred.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position type and expected hours of work:
Regular Full Time role.
This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and auto (or auto allowance). Pay for this position will be commensurate with experience and education.
To learn more about HPMA, Inc., please visit our website at www.hitachi-pm.us
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Posted 30+ days ago