Senior Software Engineer
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Job Type
- Salary: $120,000.00 to $155,000.00 /year
At HomeBay, we are working hard to reimagine and redefine the real estate industry. Our engineers help to achieve our goals by building powerful software that solves unique and complex problems. You will work on multiple projects that span various technologies, systems, and processes. As part of a team committed to continuous deployment, you will build, test, and ship amazing code every day.
- Build new features for internal and external customers
- Assist in identifying, classifying and resolving bugs in various environments
- Work with a wide range of technologies to solve customer problems
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the entire organization ranging from product, to marketing, to ops.
You may be a fit if you
- Are motivated and self directed. You believe that the real estate industry is ripe for disruption, and you want to be a part of it.
- Work well in diverse groups of people with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Take pride in your work. You strive to build readable and maintainable software. You work fast, but value correctness.
- Can put yourself in the customer's shoes, and be their advocate.
- B.S. in computer science or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Expertise in functional programming languages and methodologies such as Scala, Haskell, Clojure, or F#
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Familiarity with modern Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment principles and practices
- Experience with the Lightbend stack (Scala, Play, Akka) strongly preferred
Posted 7 months ago