Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk
- Saranac Lake, NY
- Job Type
POSITION TITLE: Night Auditor
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager & Rooms Director
We are a performance driven company that excels at meeting our objectives
We deliver superior customer service and quality every day
We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
We keep our word and do what is right
We succeed through professional development and teamwork
We recognize excellence and celebrate success
We invest resources in the communities we serve
The Night Auditor and Controller is responsible for the daily balancing of all departments within the hotel. This position directly focuses on daily reports, cash balancing, and overall financial reporting. Assisting in all aspects of the front office operations including check in and checkout of all hotel guests, creating and modifying reservations, processing all payments accordingly, and providing above and beyond guest service.
NIGHT AUDITOR AND CONTROLLER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Properly communicate with all team members and managers.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of hotel guests.
- Ability to input, access, and compile data in the computer.
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Verify credit cards, direct billing, and cash deposits are accurate and balanced.
- Collect payment for all reservations and process them accordingly.
- Post all charges to guest accounts accordingly.
- Provide security for guests and property by controlling room keys, verifying cash banks, making safe drops, preparing cash reports, following credit card verification procedures and reporting and complying information.
- Ensure the daily report for the entire Hotel Saranac Operation is balanced and the audit is rolled completely.
- Complete cash deposits daily.
- Balance reports from various departments including but not limited to Front Desk, Sales, Retail, Food and Beverage and housekeeping.
- Process all reservations, guest check-in and check-outs according to hotel requirements.
- Maintain all guest requests, complaints, or problems and notify the department manager for resolving the situation. Follow up within 15 minutes to ensure completion and guest satisfaction.
- Handle guest requests for early check-in and late checkouts according to hotel procedures.
- Maintain communication within all departments including Sales, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Spa, Retail shop and the Food and Beverage Operation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of hotel services, hours of operation, room types, floor layouts, rates, discounts, promotions, daily house counts, expected arrivals/departures, hotel room blocks, room availability status and any scheduled daily group activities.
- Maintain key control and logs.
- Ensure that all reservations have been confirmed or cancelled.
- Pre- register designated guests and prepare key packets for efficient arrival.
- Monitor all V.I. P’s special guests and requests and communicate to housekeeping and maintenance departments.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests.
- Issue Safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of keys.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of daily transactions, deposits, and total money.
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures.
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status discrepancy report with housekeeping.
- Match the bucket check to all in house guests lists.
- Assist in arranging guest transportation.
- Utilize the switchboard in answering phone calls, placing calls on hold when needed, and transferring calls.
- Answer department telephones within three rings while using the correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Meet with the previous and next Guest Service Representatives to review business needs and any special items.
- Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching the front desk.
- Set up work stations with necessary supplies, maintain cleanliness throughout the work shift.
- Stock all supplies are the par level for the front office operation.
- Update and secure all guest and group information while ensuring the safety of all guest information.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings of the front office team.
- Wear the proper uniform at all times and ready to perform for the scheduled shift.
- Attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, co-workers, and managers.
- Ensure that a daily checklist is completed.
- Ensure all rooms are assigned and ready for the business date.
- Assist in the Lost and Found system when needed in logging and packaging items.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner to all guests.
- Review Front office communication and Guest feedback daily.
- Review the CRM daily.
- Uphold the hotel's commitment to hospitality.
- Assist in other Front Office areas as assigned by Management.
- Assist in Sales as assigned by Management.
- Effective Communication and Listening Skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced work environment and perform efficiently under stressful situations.
- Available to work varied shifts, according to the needs of the hotel. This includes weekends, evening, and holidays.
- Proper knowledge of front office and reservation operations is preferred.
- High School Graduate
- Ability to read, speak, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Ability to provide legible communication and directions.
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Previous Customer Service employment preferred.
- Previous experience as a Guest Service Representative preferred.
- Strong communication skills, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
- Basic Knowledge of PMS Systems
- Windows XP
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
I have read and discussed the above with the General Manager and fully understand the description of the job.
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE DATE
GENERAL MANAGER SIGNATURE DATE
Posted 6 months ago