IT Support Technician II
- North Chicago, IL
- Job Type
- Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
This position will support our IT Services department.Job Summary:This position is established as an expert in Information Technology (IT) applications software principles, concepts, and methods, as they apply to the management of client services in an educational environment . In general, the L2 IT Support Services Technician’s work involves a company-wide mission within which employees define and develop their own projects and acquire the resources to complete them.
- Assists users in the effective use of information technology processes, products and services.
- Troubleshoot various Desktop and laptop related issues
- Install, configure and troubleshoot network hardware, software and infrastructure including routers, switches, hubs, servers, cabling, wireless, printers
- Install and configuration of but not limited to audio/video equipment, printers, security cameras etc
- User support: Respond to user requests for application, workstation, and general technical support in a timely and professional manner with appropriate prioritization and follow-up.
- Follow and help improve existing IT practices and standards
- Escalate issues to the appropriate IT department or other business department in accordance with the Service Desk SLA if incident requires escalation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able and willing to lift 50lbs
- Must have reliable form of transportation to move from site to site.
- Familiarity with Zendesk or similar ticketing system
- Strong familiarity with G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Microsoft Server Environment
- Understanding of firewall configuration
- Must be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
Posted 30+ days ago