Commercial Lines Insurance Broker – New Business Sales
- North Bay, ON
- Job Type
Our fast-growing insurance firm is seeking a full time, permanent Commercial Lines Insurance Broker responsible for new business sales. The position is based in North Bay, Ontario.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence, integrity and effective interpersonal skills in prospecting and closing new commercial lines business. The successful candidate is highly-motivated, takes pride in personal and professional accomplishments and achieves results.
- Provide exceptional service to commercial insurance clients.
- Increase new business by determining and meeting the insurance needs of prospective clients. Prospecting includes coordinated and dedicated efforts to seek and close new business.
- Correctly quote new business using underwriting standards and by employing underwriting reports and accurate ITVs.
- Efficiently input data into broker management systems.
- Oversee invoicing and billing for client portfolio.
- Ensure prompt and timely follow-up with client requests.
- Strengthen relationships with major insurers through frequent and effective communication.
- Provide guidance and support to colleagues.
- Accomplish special projects and campaigns as they arise.
- Enhance firm’s reputation by owning and accomplishing new and diverse professional responsibilities; demonstrate ability to add value across role.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven record of generating new commercial lines business.
- Exceptional client service skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Self-confident and motivated.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Practices process improvement.
- RIBO license in good standing.
- Post-secondary education is an asset.
An attractive compensation package commensurate with experience and capability will be offered to the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates interested in playing an important role in our Northern growth story are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume via the link on this page. All submissions are held in the strictest confidence. The position is open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ABOUT KNOX-HUTCHISON INSURANCE
Knox-Hutchison Insurance is the premier specialty commercial insurance brokerage in Northern Ontario. Our ability to effectively manage complex and large-scale commercial risks has earned us the trust and confidence of a diverse and growing list of high-profile global clients. Headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Knox-Hutchison identifies, assesses and mitigates complex and consequential risks across the following specialties: public sector, transportation, mining and heavy equipment and specialty commercial.
Posted 30+ days ago