- Sacramento, CA 95814
- Job Type
The graphic designer creates visual concepts that communicate the association’s marketing and brand effectively. The graphic designer creates digital and print products that reflect the trends and norms of the aging field in a visually appealing manner.
- Coordinates all administrative aspects of production, including preparing final designs for presentation, checking and approving color, copy, text format separations, and scaling images for print production. Ensures that all parties are informed of and meet deadlines.
- Prepares layouts, designs, art work and formats for use in publication and/or exhibition design, layout and scales photos, marking them for proper screen values for print reproduction. Designs, lays out, and produces artwork such as: logos, brochures, magazines, graphs, membership directories, charts, posters, signs, business systems, report covers, etc.,
- Organizes copy flow and maintains database/bibliographic/archival retrieval system of all references used in creation of published materials.
- Assists in managing budget, including invoicing, tracking project expenditures, and budget development by summarizing, researching and analyzing past project expenditures.
- Coordinates relationship with vendors and advertisers; securing ad sales, preparing specifications and obtaining estimates for final approval.
- Handles copyright, reprint, and permission processes.
- Maintains and updates, when necessary, the association’s Style Guide and Brand Standards and educates new employees on their use.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Vice President and/or President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Be highly creative, have a thorough understanding of color theory, typography, and print and electronic media production.
- Must have a complete understanding of graphic design theory.
- Should have advanced skills in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and InCopy).
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, be detail-oriented and organized.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with different departments within the organization.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of one year’s experience in publication production preferred but not required.
- A Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in related field required.
Posted 19 days ago