Estimator (Lakeland and Tampa locations)
- Lakeland, FL
- Job Type
Mobile Staff Solutions is in search of Estimators in the Lakeland & Tampa area. Our clients have an excellent benefits packages.
METAL FABRICATION AND MACHINE SHOP IN LAKELAND FL.
Structural Steel/Petroleum fabrication background is a plus but not required.
ESTIMATOR POSITION SUMMARY
Responsible for managing the estimating department in the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required by client’s documents, plans and specifications to the requested bid schedule. This includes reviewing estimators work load, quality and production in providing complete conceptual and total bid pricing and quotes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and evaluates Requests for Quotes. Advise management on no- quotes. Assign estimators to projects.
- Prepare and manages weekly bid calendar to ensure timely completion of estimates. Notify management of bid date concerns.
- Review construction documents, specifications, emails, and understands scope of work to bid. Advise management timely of concerns.
- Ensure pricing for materials and bids from subcontractors are done timely.
- Reviews estimate recaps and quotes and revisions for completeness and accuracy with estimator prior to final management review. Notify upper management timely for final bid reviews.
- Work Closely with Field management/estimators on projects involving erection/installation.
- Develops and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure files are kept correctly and up to date.
- Ensure estimators are developed and essentially training occurs
- Continue to develop estimating templates and software for estimating.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical—the individual can manage complex or diverse information.
- Problem-Solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral Communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work and others under their management to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and offers feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of per-bid meeting, client meetings and vendor/subcontractor meeting.
- Day to day operations to VP’s/Managers.
If you meet the minimum qualifications please attach a copy of your resume and contact the office to schedule an appointment for application/interview.
Mobile Staff Solutions
- 1902 South Florida Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33803
Posted 13 months ago
- Industrial Welder
Leesburg, FL • Full-time • Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Plumbers & Plumber Helpers
Leesburg, FL • Full-time • Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Forklift Operator
Tampa, FL • Full-time • Salary: $10.00 /hour
- Bilingual Order Entry Administrator
Tampa, FL • Full-time • Salary: $35,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Fire Safety Technician
Clearwater, FL • Full-time • Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Door & Cabinet Builder
Lakeland, FL • Full-time • Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- CSR - Customer Service Representative
Lakeland, FL • Full-time • Salary: $11.00 to $12.00 /hour
- Commercial Plumber
Orlando, FL • Full-time • Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Maintenance Technician
Tampa, FL • Full-time
- Metal Fabricator
Lakeland, FL • Full-time • Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Cable Installers
Hollywood, FL • Full-time • Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Manual Machinist
Lakeland, FL • Full-time • Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Industrial Pump Mechanic
Lakeland, FL • Full-time • Salary: $21.00 to $28.00 /hour
- Field Service Technician
Lakeland, FL • Full-time • Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /year
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic/PLC
Tampa, FL • Full-time • Salary: $22.00 to $28.00 /hour
- AC/DC Motor Technician
Lakeland, FL • Full-time
- Electricians Needed Immediately (Commercial, and Industrial)
Bradenton, FL • Full-time