- New York, NY 10036
- Job Type
Position: Office Administrator
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Candidates must have strong inter-personal communication skills, be highly motivated in a fast pace environment, and be detail oriented. A strong understanding of general business operations will be essential.
Key bookkeeping responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accounting, financial reporting, billing, payments, employee expenses and managing day to day financial operations and other special projects as assigned.
The office administration aspect of the role will include, but are not limited to, answering and directing calls, greeting visitors, purchasing office supplies, prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and various other administrative tasks as they arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Sales support and reporting
- Assist operations team with compilation and distribution of daily operations, sales and attendance reports
- Assist with budget preparation and report distribution to department heads
- Support with sales reporting and presentations on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis
- Maintain corporate records – offsite storage/retention of accounting and HR documents
- Assist various departments with specific projects: events, guest visits, etc.
- Coordinate with accounting firm – distributing invoices, scanning and email to accounting firm, provide coding for cross company invoices
- Interface with company vendors – vending machines, coffee service, IT and phone service, etc.
- Miscellaneous office tasks – developing and managing a purchase order system, filing documents, mailing documents, maintain databases and filing systems, faxing, scanning, etc.
- Office day-to-day administrative functions are handled timely. This includes ordering supplies, handling deliveries, sorting the physical mail, contact with landlord and outside vendors
- It is expected that the Office Administrator will exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to these Essential Duties and Responsibilities. This independent judgment will include a comparison and the evaluation of possible courses of conduct and making a decision after the various possibilities have been considered. The Office Administrator’s primary duty is to manage administrative duties for TSAL in confidentiality.
- Job may require lifting boxes that weigh up to 45 lbs. and climbing a ladder.
- Additionally, standing for extended periods, walking, reaching, pulling, grasping, stooping, pulling and pushing are required.
- Available to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business that may include late evenings, holidays, weekends.
- Must be able to submit verification of legal right to work in the United States
- 3+ years in office administration
- Highly organized and analytical
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel & PowerPoint
- Handle sensitive/confidential documents and information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service
- Able to work both in a team, or independently, depending on what the situation demands
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Management or work equivalent required
Adherence to Company Policies
In the performance of its duties and responsibilities, at all times the employee will conduct itself in accordance with the company’s policies, which include but is not limited to the Employee Handbook and Employee Policy and Procedures Manual (to be developed), including maintaining appropriate confidentiality as to the specifics of the Creative, Marketing and Operational matters of the company.
Posted 30+ days ago