Guest Service Representative
- New York, NY 10036
- Job Type
Be a pioneer in shaping an extraordinary journey and sharing your love of nature and the world by joining our newly created team at National Geographic Encounter. We need extraordinary talent to help us connect the power of science, exploration and storytelling to change the world.
The Encounter Guides are responsible for handling Guests’ inquiries, requests and comments including processing admissions to the attraction. They will achieve the National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey’s service standard which goes beyond Guests’ expectations proactively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Connects with Guests by asking open-ended questions to assess Guest needs and make appropriate suggestions
- Contributes to a high energy, fast paced environment that provides Guests with an entertaining, fun and dynamic experience
- Assists Guests in finding solutions that best meet their needs while leveraging all available resources including National Geographic.com
- Consistently treats all Guests and coworkers with respect and contributes to a positive work environment
- Takes a proactive role in maintaining National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey’s brand standards in Guest engagement and experience
- Performs mobile POS duties in an efficient and timely manner while maintaining a high level of Guest Service
- Participates in the National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey experience with additional operational tasks based on the needs of the business
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures and Employee Policy Manual
- Promotes and maintains a safe working, experience and shopping environment
- Engages children at their level allowing them to participate in an active learning environment
- Drives National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey results by suggesting additional items to Guests to meet their needs
- Ability to demonstrate strong Guest-focused engagement on and off the experience floor
- Demonstrated success working as a member of a team
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
- Must maintain a professional appearance and meet National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey’s grooming guidelines
- These Essential Duties and Responsibilities are not all inclusive and shall extend to include such other duties as the four managing partners may from time to time direct and may be modified and redefined by the managing partners to meet the continuing demands of the position.
- It is expected that the Encounter Guide will exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to these Essential Duties and Responsibilities. This independent judgment will include a comparison and the evaluation of possible courses of conduct and making a decision after the various possibilities have been considered.
- Job may require lifting boxes that weigh up to 45 lbs. and climbing a ladder.
- Additionally, standing for extended periods, walking, reaching, pulling, grasping, stooping, pulling and pushing are required.
- Available to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business including late evenings, holidays, weekends and call-in shifts. Must be available a minimum of three (3) shifts and have weekend availability
- Must be able to submit verification of legal right to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
• Previous experience in retail, hospitality or the service industry
• Bilingual preferred
• Previous experience speaking in front of large groups or audiences
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Adherence to Company Policies
In the performance of its duties and responsibilities, at all times the employee will conduct itself in accordance with such Company Policies as will be set forth in the Employee Policy and Procedures Manual.
Job Type: Part-time
Posted 10 days ago