- New York, NY 10036
- Job Type
The AV/IT Specialist will play a key role in supporting the attraction’s technology. The primary responsibility of the technician will be to assist with the daily operations of the audio-visual infrastructure and information technology. He/she will also assist with the computer desktop environment by responding to requests, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, supporting telecommunications, network and infrastructure maintenance and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. Working with staff and vendors, the Specialist will support the company’s systems, performing upgrades and implementations. As the Specialist, you will interface with different constituents to provide efficient and high-quality IT and AV assistance.
The assistance includes, but is not limited to, user support, computer setup, maintenance and service, telecommunications, audio visual support and troubleshooting, assisting with network and infrastructure maintenance, and all other technology needs of the attraction and its staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the overall computer operations at the attraction using discretion and independent judgment, which shall include the comparison and the evaluation of possible courses of conduct and making and implementing a decision and/or course of action after the various possibilities have been considered
- Formulate, interpret, and implement operating practices with respect to computer operations
- Application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications
- Document, analyze, test and/or modify computer systems and programs based on and related to user or system design specifications
- Document, test and/or modify computer programs related to machine operating systems
- Understand and effectively discuss services and software provided by IT services
- Operate Epson and Panasonic Laser LED projectors, QSC audio DSP, Samsung / LG displays, LED video walls and Crestron systems
- Conduct inspections on daily basis of all projection technology including all large screens displays and audio playback to ensure smooth daily show operation
- Inspect and maintain content and media servers, signal processors
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all signal flow including projection, audio playback and basic network
- Flexibility and comfort in being on-call in case of emergency and in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends)
- Work with manager to provide technical (hardware, software, connectivity) solutions
- Gather feedback to inform manager of impact of AV and IT service offerings
- Assist in preparing and deploying computers for staff, including configuration and imaging
- Support a variety of operating systems and applications
- Assist with hardware and software asset tracking and inventory management
- Provide a high level of customer service while supporting the attraction and staff in a fast-paced environment. Support will be provided for technology such as audio visual systems, servers, laptops, desktops, tablets, phones and voice mail systems.
- Support local technology in order to increase reliability, security, interoperability, and effectiveness of customer work while reducing costs.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office printers and computing equipment with outside vendors.
- Provide on-site technical support at special events, within the event space.
- Communicate frequently with end users as well as with local and global support teams to ensure reliability and functionality of all IT and AV systems and programs.
- Maintain configurations of all laptop, tablet and desktop computer systems.
- Assist manager in documenting and updating technology related instructions/procedures/knowledge articles as required.
- Maintain problem call history by recording calls in a help desk tracking database
- Participate in projects as appropriate to evaluate existing systems and recommend technology for upgrade and replacement; evaluate new technologies for potential applicability for the attraction.
- Provide ASA – IT support for exhibits, which are based on server hardware and embedded Windows OS.
- Provide ASA – IT support for exhibits, which are based on standard networking protocols and infrastructure.
- Provide ASA – backup and restoration of servers used for the exhibits.
- These essential duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive and shall extend to include such other duties as the four managing partners may from time to time direct and may be modified and redefined by the managing partners to meet the continuing demands of the position.
- Job may require lifting items that weigh up to 50 lbs. and working on elevated platform, ladder or genie lift.
- Additionally, standing and sitting for extended periods, walking, reaching, pulling, grasping, stooping, pulling and pushing are required.
- Available to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business including late evenings, holidays, weekends.
- Must be able to submit verification of legal right to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role required; major in Technology, Audio Visual or Computer Sciences preferred
- Experience in effectively communicating and presenting technical concepts to management and staff
- Experience in working with teams
- Experience troubleshooting Windows 7, ASA – Windows 7 Embedded, Windows 10, Windows 10 Embedded, Office Suite, Internet Explorer, VPN/network connectivity
- ASA - Backup and restoration of workstations using Acronis.
- ASA – Remote Desktop and VNC.
- Ability to diagnose problems and provide solutions and/or escalate to the appropriate expertise area
- Basic skills in the following areas: Audio Visual equipment, PC/laptop hardware, software, telecommunications, networking, and server administration
- Lifting/moving equipment is required
- Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent required
Adherence to Company Policies
In the performance of his or her duties and responsibilities, at all times the employee will conduct himself or herself in accordance with such Company Policies as will be set forth in the Employee Handbook and the Employee Policy and Procedures Manual (to be developed), including maintaining appropriate confidentiality as to the specifics of the Creative, Marketing and Operational matters of the company.
Posted 12 days ago