Guest Service Representative (Receptionist)
- Saint Paul, MN
- Job Type
Requisition # 2018-019
This position is a full-time (40 hrs/wk), non-exempt position. The core hours of this position will be 1:30 pm - 10:00 pm with occasional nights/weekends, based on operational needs.
Position Summary:Responsible for generating agency revenue through the sale of event and meeting space at the Wellstone Center campus. Ensures a welcoming environment for all participants, rental guests, volunteers and staff. Directs and informs participants regarding program services and opportunities. Provides administrative support to other agency programs and areas.
- Ensure a welcoming atmosphere is projected through prompt, accurate and courteous service.
- Ensure requested details (set-up, beverage service, technology and equipment) are ordered and in place to meet the rental clients’ needs.
- Ensure the success of Saint Paul Parks and Recreation programming at the Wellstone Center through information and material dissemination, product sales and payment processing.
- Support incoming and outgoing agency systems to insure efficient and effective communication through mail (USPS) processing, package delivery processing, facsimile distribution, website inquiries, postings/bulletin boards and switchboard operations (phone).
- Ensure agency income through receipt and processing of room rental payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Promote facility security through monitoring security cameras and timely communication with maintenance and parks team members.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, Hmong, Karen or another African language
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse ethnic, economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Two years of customer service, sales or retail experience preferred
- Computer experience and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- High School or GED equivalent preferred
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
Posted 25 days ago