Director of Finance and Administration
- St. Catharines, ON
- Job Type
- Salary: $0.00 /year
Responsibilities & Expectations:
The Board of Directors is the governing body of Niagara Sustainability Initiative. Its members represent a broad cross-section of the environmental and economic leadership of the community.
As Directors and Officers, the proper performance of your responsibility is vital to the overall effectiveness of Niagara Sustainability Initiative. The following outlines expectations and responsibilities of Board members:
- Attend monthly committee meetings of the Board and to dedicate time to reviewing prepared Board documents prior to meetings.
- Ability to work constructively with board members, committee chairs, and members of the Carbon Project.
- Contribute professional experience that enables sound judgment in considering the proposals coming before the Board as related to governance and policy development.
- Courage and ability to have an objective opinion and willingness to engage in constructive debate.
- A belief in building a healthier Niagara through community, leadership, responsibility and inspiration.
As directors and officers, the proper performance of your responsibility is vital to the sound and efficient operations of Niagara Sustainability Initiative.
The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible to:
- Prepare the annual budget with support of Executive Director
- Report on Financial performance at board meetings
- Oversee the financial records and books of the corporation are kept and maintained.
- Provide transparency to the organization's finance by being the second signatory on the NSI bank account.
- Provide advisory support to the Executive Director and is the board liaison to the annual financial audit
- Manage the Fundraising Portfolio with staff support
This position requires an individual with a flexible schedule and considerable financial experience. A retired non-profit executive or financial professional is preferred.
Posted 9 months ago