Graphic Design Intern
- St. Catharines, ON
- Job Type
- Salary: $11.40 /hour
Overview of the Position
The role of the Graphic Design Intern is to work directly with the team to assist in the marketing and delivery of programs and events. The role will also require you to develop communications materials, utilizing graphic design skills. Creativity, organization and a graphic design background is an asset to this role!
- Design content for publications such as e-newsletters, event programs, brochures, etc.
- Develop content for advisories, news releases, and feature stories for the media
- Design creative, clean, and clear marketing materials - Graphic design experience is required
- Provide input and insight on design of materials along with ideas for campaigns and external delivery
To be eligible for this Canada Summer Jobs position, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act ; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Graphic design experience is required.
- Experience with, and access to, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign is strongly preferred.
- Passion for environmental issues, for community-based leadership, and for improving the environmental sustainability of Niagara is an asset.
- Experience with event planning is an asset.
- Positive and problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent Communication - oral & written.
- Strong Attention to detail and organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a strong ability to start projects and see them through to completion.
- Self-motivated, exceptional time management skills, and the ability to work
Full-Time (16 weeks) with flexibility for some evenings and weekends – Must be available May 25, 2017.
Posted 20 days ago