- St. Catharines, ON
- Job Type
- Salary: $11.40 /hour
The role of the Operations Intern will be to assist the Executive Director and senior staff in the daily operations of the organization. As part of a small team, adaptability and organization are key to this role.
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of organization's mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems, and controls.
- Management of agency budget in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Organization of fiscal documents.
- Regular meetings with Executive Director around fiscal planning.
To be eligible for this Canada Summer Jobs position, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act ; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Strong background and work experience in financial record-keeping
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Minimum two years post-secondary education in Business Administration, Accounting or Operations Management or related field.
Full-Time (16 weeks) with flexibility for some evenings and weekends. This position has a high possibility of continuing part-time through the 2017-2018 school year.
Posted 20 days ago