Vice President of Research
- Peterborough, ON
- Job Type
Noblegen is an advanced ingredients company that produces unique proteins and oils for the healthy living industry. Noblegen's proprietary technology creates high-quality ingredients from one of nature's oldest microorganisms. Noblegen's ingredients are sustainable, non-GMO, cost-effective, and easily customized. Our dynamic team is comprised of innovative visionaries and experienced professionals, unified in their ambitions to transform the healthy living industry. With a purpose to make a positive impact on people and the planet through science, Noblegen is redefining the future of food.
Job Description and Immediate Responsibilities
Noblegen is looking for a Vice President of Research (VPR) to integrate and enhance research activities and manage intellectual property. The VPR will help implement and lead strategies that will promote company-wide growth and fulfill the visions set out by the CEO and CCO . This will include overseeing development efforts and communicating with the research coordinator to ensure that they are aligned with company visions. To fulfill this role the VPR will assist with recruiting, managing intellectual property rights, performing literature searches, building industrial partnerships, and collaborating with other teams within the company — such as marketing, processing and product development — to bring new products to market. We favour an individual with experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Coordinating research infrastructure ie. acquisition of research funding, development of academic research space, commercialization, and assisting with external company growth through corporate research partnerships (ex. other companies, local research parks and community outreach).
- Advancing knowledge of and experience in any or all of the following: food chemistry, fatty acid/lipid and protein chemistry, metabolism, and food science (ex. stage-gate process, ingredient functionality and knowledge of sensory and consumer science). Knowledge of Canadian and US food laws and regulations, and GLP/GMP is desired.
- Demonstrating company project leadership with a proven track record of implementing innovative ideas and project design through teams, which has ultimately lead to the launching of consumer food products to market.
- Must have the ability to work in a hands-on and fast-paced environment and collaborate on projects between various disciplines (i.e. genetics & metabolism, fermentation, analytical, and downstream processing).
- Assisting with directing the design and development of new processes and products, and also assisting with improving existing ones.
- Working with the research coordinator and members of the senior management team to reach departmental and company goals.
- Providing leadership and develop objectives for the Research and Development (R&D) department.
- Obtaining funding for existing and future R&D projects, recruiting product development team leaders to handle these efforts and directing R&D teams with budget approvals, scheduling and deadline management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferred is a PhD or MSc related to Food Science, Biochemistry, Biology, or related field, or Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 10 or more years of experience in research, development, or engineering managerial and leadership roles (i.e. high level of integrity/accountability and forward thinking, and ability to quickly establish significant credibility, trust, and support with all levels of the organization).
- Exceptional attention to detail and passion for problem solving with a developed sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, be self-directed and independent and maintain strong relationships with customers.
- Lead sample forecast meetings and coordinate with product development groups for sample testing planning and interpreting testing data.
- IP management experience (i.e. managing patent filing and portfolios)
If you fit these requirements, please submit your resume.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Posted 12 days ago