- Peterborough, ON
- Job Type
Noblegen is an advanced ingredients company that produces unique proteins and oils for the healthy living industry. Noblegen's proprietary technology creates high-quality ingredients from one of nature's oldest microorganisms. Noblegen's ingredients are sustainable, non-GMO, cost-effective, and easily customized. Our dynamic team is comprised of innovative visionaries and experienced professionals, unified in their ambitions to transform the healthy living industry. With a purpose to make a positive impact on people and the planet through science, Noblegen is redefining the future of food.
Job Description and Immediate Responsibilities
Noblegen is looking for a fermentation assistant to test fermentation hypotheses and assist with
plant-scale fermentation. This individual will follow fermentation plans designed by the Applied Metabolic Scientist, Theoretical Metabolic Scientist and Sr. Fermentation Scientist. The fermentation assistant will also assist with fermentation operations between the laboratory and our plant under the supervision of the Process Development Manager.
We favor a scientist with experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Knowledge of fermentation science, microbiology and media composition/feed stocks and metabolism (ie. Understanding of microbial physiology, stress response, and performance) is required.
- Assist in developing fermentation processes with different feedstocks.
- Expand the fermentation capability and expertise by identifying new instrumentations, and technologies.
- Utilizing technical knowledge to identify, troubleshoot, and assist with resolution of process problems.
- Prepare and maintain cell cultures and perform cell counts and sample collection and analysis as needed.
- Preparation of fermentation medium, buffer solutions, consumable materials, etc. as needed to support experiment execution.
- Documenting experiment execution using an electronic lab notebook, batch record, and/or protocols.
- Organizing technical data and provide oral presentations or technical reports to communicate results, as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. related to Bioprocessing Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, or microbiology with a strong background in fermentation and 2 years hands-on experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, be self-directed and independent and maintain strong relationships with team members.
- Team player that is both self-motivated and creative, collaborating with other staff to meet short or long term project goals specified by the metabolic and fermentation teams.
- Exceptional attention to detail and passion for problem solving with a developed sense
of ownership and responsibility.
- Knowledge of GLP and ability to follow detailed plans, instructions and SOPs.
- Must have the ability to work in a hands-on and fast-paced environment and collaborate on projects related to fermentation and metabolism.
If you fit these requirements, please submit your resume.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Posted 13 days ago