Human Resources Manager
- Peterborough, ON
- Job Type
Noblegen is an advanced ingredients company that produces unique proteins and oils for the healthy living industry. Noblegen's proprietary technology creates high-quality ingredients from one of nature's oldest microorganisms. Noblegen's ingredients are sustainable, non-GMO, cost-effective, and easily customized. Our dynamic team is comprised of innovative visionaries and experienced professionals, unified in their ambitions to transform the healthy living industry. With a purpose to make a positive impact on people and the planet through science, Noblegen is redefining the future of food.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for overseeing personnel management, including wage increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions in compliance with company policies. This position will review staffing requirements and oversee the recruitment process during a rapid growth period.
- Oversee personnel management, including wage increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions in compliance with company policies.
- Review staffing requirements and oversee the recruitment process.
- Develop performance goals, metrics, and targets that are consistent with company goals.
- Plan human resources requirements in conjunction with other departmental managers.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations and provide employees with performance feedback.
- Determine areas of improvement for employees, providing additional training as needed.
- Develop training programs that are based on regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Conduct workplace investigations, and resolve any conflicts that arise among staff in the department.
- Ensure employees adhere to all health and safety regulations, including company policies.
- Develop strategic performance metrics and targets that are consistent with company goals.
- Ensure employees have clear goals and are aware of expectations.
- Ensure that all employees comply with company policies, procedures, and ethical standards.
- Develop employee training, ensuring that all applicable compliance requirements are met.
- Provide leadership and coaching to managers and employees on key workplace matters such as performance management, difficult conversations, employee relations, and employee development.
Degree or diploma in business administration, human resources management, or a related field required.
- Certification in human resources management by a provincial governing body required
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in a human resources specialist or generalist position.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic objectives for HR and the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage HR core processes such as talent management, succession planning, and employee relations.
- Able to make sound business decisions and evidence based recommendations to senior management.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Able to interpret and implement personnel related legislation.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of labour laws.
- Experience or exposure to international recruitment an asset
- Experience or exposure to US employment laws and payroll legislation an asset
- Experience or exposure to practicing HR across a global organization an asset
If you fit these requirements, please submit your resume.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Posted 30+ days ago