Junior Food Scientist
- Peterborough, ON
- Job Type
Noblegen is an advanced ingredients company that produces unique proteins and oils for the healthy living industry. Noblegen's proprietary technology creates high-quality ingredients from one of nature's oldest microorganisms. Noblegen's ingredients are sustainable, non-GMO, cost-effective, and easily customized. Our dynamic team is comprised of innovative visionaries and experienced professionals, unified in their ambitions to transform the healthy living industry. With a purpose to make a positive impact on people and the planet through science, Noblegen is redefining the future of food.
Noblegen is looking for a Jr. Food Scientist to engage and innovate with us as you develop and refine food ingredients from idea generation through proof of concept to commercial scale-up. In your role as a Jr. Food Scientist you will impact our success and will act as a technical resource to various functions within the company and provide high impact support to project teams. You will be an integral part of our Food Science team and under supervision of Sr. Food Scientist will assist in the development of Downstream Processing and Product Development Processes.
We favour an Individual with experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Knowledge of Food science, Food Engineering, Food microbiology.
- Understanding of Downstream Processing (Either or combination of Protein and Lipid Extraction and Purification).
- Knowledge of Mass and Energy Balance and their application to Food Unit Operations in a plant and laboratory setup.
- Assist in internal recipe and product development process using Noblegen ingredients.
- Assuming the role of innovator, project leader, and technical problem solver as you team with cross-functional partners including other scientists.
- Developing, organizing, managing, and coordinating projects while increasing level of understanding of products, processes, and methods.
- Being actively involved in innovation optimization activities including process development, product formulation, design of unique unit operations and plant start-ups
- Utilizing technical knowledge to identify, troubleshoot, and assist with resolution of processing problems.
- Prepare and maintain sample and ingredient library and perform analysis as needed.
- Documenting experiment execution using an electronic lab notebook, batch record, and/or protocols.
- Organizing technical data and provide oral presentations or technical reports to communicate results, as required.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of ingredient functionality, food science, and food engineering to design of new products and formulations
- Manage projects, plan and coordinate project activities, communicate progress and challenges, and be a technical expert
- Have flexibility to work beyond normal workday hours, shift work, and some weekends. Operation of process equipment is required.
- Leadership, cost consciousness, communication skills, and understanding that will promote good relations with all facets of other technical and scientific disciplines in the effective execution of projects
- Function effectively as a Project Team Member and Technical Expert
- Internship or work experience in food related field
- Strong background in Downstream Processing and or Product Development
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, be self-directed and independent and maintain strong relationships with team members.
- Team player that is both self-motivated and creative, collaborating with other staff to meet short or long-term project goals specified by the metabolic and fermentation teams.
- Exceptional attention to detail and passion for problem solving with a developed sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Knowledge of GLP and ability to follow detailed plans, instructions and SOPs.
- Must have the ability to work in a hands-on and fast-paced environment and collaborate on interdisciplinary projects related to fermentation and metabolism.
If you fit these requirements, please submit your resume.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Posted 6 days ago