Children's Studio Community Coordinator/Manager
- Toronto, ON
- Job Type
Children's Studio Community Coordinator/Manager
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience
Location: Toronto - Junction
Start date: End of August/beginning of September
oaks 'n acorns is an activity studio for parents and children where parents can connect with their children through fun, educational and recreational programming in a large range of activities such as music, art, gym, dance and baby focused sensory classes. Our staff is compiled of professional teachers, instructors and staff who love working in a happy place that connects and inspires parents and children.The studio features multiple class rooms, an in-studio cafe and a play area for kids to enjoy before and after their class. Our vision is to “ be the best place for parents to connect with their children and with other parents " which we achieve by fostering a positive and safe community space.
Are you an outgoing, relationship builder with extraordinary people skills? You may be just the person we need to host our community of parents and kids at our Activity Studio!oaks ‘n acorns is looking for a new community coordinator to join our growing team. We are a group of awesome parents and educators who have come together to create an amazing space for parents and their children. We offer quality programs, interactive play time and a community vibe where we help parents connect with others in their neighbourhood.
Your role is to dazzle clients with your service skills while simultaneously making the studio run smoothly. You are an operations guru with an entrepreneurial, “can-do” attitude. This is the kind of job where you will manage program registration, conduct marketing campaigns, communicate in person and through social media, coordinate instructor schedules; act as the café barista and hold babies - all in the same day. We guarantee lots of fun and social interactions - this job is a cross between hosting a dinner party and managing a busy household of kids. We need someone who enjoys chatting with parents, playing with children, cleaning up messy spills and making grilled cheese sandwiches while acting on the logistical procedures that ensure we present a clean, welcoming and happy space for families.You will work closely with the founders and other co-workers and you will be responsible for overseeing the daily vision of the business. As the lead program advisor and operations guru in the studio, we expect you will master all areas of the business by rolling up your sleeves to get the work done, no matter what the task at hand!
YOUR DAILY TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
- Hosting clients and making them feel like they are instantly part of our community. This includes: welcoming clients, giving studio tours, checking clients into class and answering questions.
- Providing value-added customer service where you make a clients’ experience with positive and fulfilling. Trying to make someone’s day a bit easier goes a long way to creating that atmosphere.
- Consulting with clients about program selection, availability and registration information. Assist with coordinating makeup classes, transfers and cancellations.
- Corresponding via phone and email. I.e.) sending welcome emails and following up on missed classes, answering the phone and responding quickly to all inquiries
- Handling food service duties such as barista tasks, food prep, cleaning and cashiering (food handlers certificate is a must!)
- Assisting with instructor schedules to make sure our busy classes run seamlessly
- Organizing and maintaining most day-to-day activities
- Participate in classes, workshops and programs such as camps and kids night out
- Shopping for our inventory (tell us you love Costco!)
- Assisting our party coordinator with party bookings and scheduling of staff
- Making a birthday extra special for a child and their family by acting as our party hostess on weekends
- Maintaining the appearance of our studio, which includes a team work approach to various cleaning/organizing duties, as necessary.
- Opening and closing the studio including vacuuming, mopping, cleaning, cash handling, maintaining cleanliness at all times. Ensuring the security and safety of the studio and our guests at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS & SUCCESS CRITERIA:
- Flexible attitude, the ability to see what needs to be done and the initiative to “just do it”
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, changing environment where the top priority is providing phenomenal customer experiences
- The ability to solve problems independently
- Highly organized and punctual with the skills to project manage timelines and responsibilities
- Exceptional attention to details
- Superior written and verbal communication; a love of interacting with people is a must. Social media experience is an asset
- Takes personal ownership of projects and a “treat it like its yours” personality
- Very computer literate (Mac and Windows platform)
- Previous sales experience a must
- Previous experience working with children and parents
- 1-3 years of previous management experience a plus
- Diploma or higher in a related field
- Food handlers certificate (can be completed in first 3 months at own expense)
- Ability to work within the hours of 8:30AM – 6PM including most Saturdays and some Sundays
- Some flexibility in changing schedule
- 35-44 hours per week including Saturdays
- Share a sense of ownership with the oaks ‘n acorns founders and staff
- Initiative to grow personally by taking on more responsibilities when we see that you’re ready
Please email or drop off your resume and cover letter to:
Junction: 3217 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON Contact Info:
Posted 8 days ago