- Toronto, ON
- Job Type
Welcome to oaks ‘n acorns, we are an Activity Studio for parents and children and we facilitate many different programs at our location(s) in Toronto. Our focus is on academic learning for young children.
We are hiring an Early Childhood Assistant to work in our part-time preschool running Monday through Friday from 8:15AM – 12noon (with some flexibility for coming earlier and staying later on certain days). 18-20 hours per week.
You will be working directly with our preschool manager who co-teach this program, and you will be responsible for following set yearly curriculum, as well bring some of your own great ideas into the program.
We want to hear from you if
- You have completed your Early Childhood Assistant diploma or higher
- You love working with children aged 2.5 – 4 years in a small business setting.
- You are able to demonstrate through your job application, that you have researched our company in details
- You have at least 2-years of relevant experience in a similar work environment
- You are mature, responsible and committed to the programs hours for the full year
What your day will consist of
- Setting up the preschool classroom
- Prepping the daily snack
- Assist with transitions such as morning goodbyes to parents, and getting children settled
- Carry out the set curriculum (running Arts & Craft, music circle, physical activities, Pre-K reading and writing skills and other)
- Clean up studio at end of day
- Assisting children with potty training and hand washing
**This position will start August 2017, interviews will take place in July
Posted 22 days ago