Journeyman Plumber - Service Department
- Burnaby, BC
- Job Type
Pacific Mechanical Systems Ltd. is looking for a Journeyman Plumber for our fast-growing Service Department.
We are looking for an experienced Service Plumber able to efficiently undertake a variety of plumbing tasks ranging from troubleshooting and fixing leakages, installing pipes and fixtures and servicing Plumbing systems.
The successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of plumbing systems and associated fixtures and equipment. They are expert individuals with a practical mind and manual dexterity, able to work efficiently with great attention to detail and under stress.
Experience in commercial or light industrial sector preferred. Soldering, pipe retro-fitting and backflow ticket and boiler work is necessary for the position. You must have your own personal tools.
The candidate is friendly, respectful with good manners and clean. The Service Department is the face of the Company and we want great individuals on board.
The candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check, necessary to work for our clients.
- Read blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems
- Cut, assemble and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure
- Install and maintain water supply systems
- Locate and repair issues with water supply lines
- Repair or replace broken drainage lines, clogged drains, faucets etc.
- Repair domestic fixtures
- Be able to install, service and trouble-shoot boilers, hot water heaters and any gas fired burner appliance.
- Proven experience as a plumber
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems
- Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with clients and office staff
- Friendly with a great deal of patience
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in confined spaces
- Diploma from a trade school or successful completion of apprenticeship
- Valid license to practice profession
- Must be comfortable working with mobile devices. (Android phone, IPad and or laptop)
We offer a competitive hourly rate - dependent on experience and qualifications.
Medical & Dental provided after successful completion of 3 months. RRSP contributions after 6 months.
We provide cell phone and company service van for qualified technicians.
All non-personal tools & additional safety equipment to be supplied as per job requirements.
Pants, t-shirts and full length sleeved button up shirts provided.
Posted 6 months ago