Sr. Customer Success Manager
- Mountain View, CA
- Job Type
Passage AI is one of the leading conversational AI platforms in the world. Our mission is to make it trivial for a business to launch a conversational interface platform on its website, mobile app, or as a chatbot on Facebook Messenger, SMS, Slack, Skype or WeChat, or as a skill on Amazon Alexa or Google Home devices.
If you are excited by artificial intelligence, deep learning and natural language understanding and processing, Passage AI is the place for you! You get to work at an early-stage startup that's backed by some of the top angel/seed investors in Silicon Valley.
You will work with Product Managers and engineers to ensure that our customers have success with Passage AI's conversational interface platform. You will manage relationships with our Fortune 500 customers by having weekly calls and meetings and monitoring their key performance indicators (KPIs) and our service level agreements (SLAs) with them. You will articulate the value they are deriving from the Passage AI platform by charting their KPIs and other success metrics . You will use Passage AI's Chatbot Experience Manager to configure the conversational interface for customers and manage the deployment of their chatbots. It will be your main responsibility to ensure that Passage AI continues to have higher customer satisfaction rates as indicated in surveys and renewal rates.
- 4-5 years of experience managing relationships with large enterprises successfully.
- Strong background in managing accounts with multiple stakeholder points of contact, with high customer satisfaction.
- Exceptional analytical skills. Experience analyzing data and synthesizing it into data-driven stories, story boards and presentations.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong engagement management experience and history of delivering complex projects on time.
- Expert customer-facing, communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Python or SQL would be a huge plus.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field. MBA would be a big plus.
Posted 9 months ago