CNC Machinist II
- Savannah, NY 13146
- Job Type
Company Overview: Pearl Technologies Inc. designs and builds standard and custom high-speed machine attachments for punching holes, perforating and slitting for the converting industry. Pearl also offers blown film extrusion process enhancements that improve film quality at higher outputs while reducing maintenance. Pearl can be counted on to make any unique application better than anyone! Pearl Technologies’ success and reputation are built on outstanding customer service, innovation, quality, speed and delivery.
Pearl has revolutionized the plastics industry with over two dozen patents, a lineup of over 3,000 solution-driven products and 13,000 parts to thousands of customers in every continent of the world. All of the action takes place in Pearl's 41,000 square foot headquarters located in Savannah, New York.
Summary: Responsible for the safe operation of all machinery in the machine shop.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program and operate CNC machines.
- Operate manual mills, lathes, grinders and various hand tools.
- Read, interpret and produce products in accordance with engineering drawings, within tolerance while maintaining quality standards.
- Able to read Vernier calipers, gauge pins, micrometers and take measurements.
- Complete equipment set-ups in accordance with item specifications and quality procedures, allowing for family parts to be completed at the same time for improved efficiency.
- Responsible for tracking length of time and quantity of material used for each job.
- Inspect parts and document findings on appropriate paperwork.
- Fully responsible for quality of products produced.
- Notify supervisor of product discrepancies, equipment malfunctions and/or injuries.
- Achieve manufacturing objectives of the business, and liaise with employees at all levels, to achieve company goals and objectives in a timely and cost effective way.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety, health and environment compliances.
- Perform other related duties as assigned in all areas.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representational of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years of experience in machinist work within a manufacturing environment and a minimum of two years CNC experience.
- Preferably an expert in the following applications: CNC Machines
- Able to read micrometers, calipers and gauges.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Mechanical aptitude; electrical knowledge, desired.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated individual with excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in an often times fast-paced atmosphere under pressure.
- Able to manage multiple changing priorities while maintaining deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interface with personnel at all levels throughout the company.
- Must possess good interpersonal, people skills, and negotiating skills.
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence. Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Able to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, ratios, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume, metric and standard units of measure. Able to work with and apply concepts of basic algebra, trigonometry, and geometry.
Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, outdoor weather conditions, moving mechanical products. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Pearl Technologies, Inc. is committed to its employees and families. Comprehensive benefits package includes: Health Insurance, Dental Benefit, Vision Plan, 401(k) with Employer Contribution, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, Flexible Spending Account, and Paid Holidays. Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
Posted 14 days ago