Supply Chain Manager
- El Segundo, CA 90245
- Job Type
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the leading the supply chain from vendor identification through receipt of hardware.
The Supply Chain Manager will develop assessment methods for qualifying suppliers for providing hardware to Phase Four. The Supply Chain Manager will also work closely with the technical team to understand and develop requirements to be flowed to suppliers and will act as the primary interface between Phase Four and suppliers. They will manage the planning, proposal, negotiation, and execution of supply contracts in order to ensure flight hardware and equipment is delivered on-time and to specifications. The Supply Chain Manager will be a part of the Operations Team and will coordinate with the members of that team to issue purchase orders, track and receive deliveries, and resolve invoice issues.
As Phase Four grows, the Supply Chain Manager will proactively ready the company to meet future build and production goals by identifying additional worldwide vendors and establishing tiers for suppliers based on levels of criticality and required redundancy. The Supply Chain Manager will also seek out the latest technologies applicable for Phase Four and create lasting relationships with vendors.
- 2+ years of experience in a procurement, logistics, or contracts role
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business, or engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to source technical hardware
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with technical teams to develop specifications, form vendor requirements, and establish contracts
- Experience drafting effective technical writing-heavy documents, to include Requests for Proposal, proposals, and contracts with vendors
- Experience collecting and analyzing supply chain data
- Experience conducting failure analysis
- Familiarity with small business accounting and inventory systems
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset and strong desire to work in an intense and dynamic work environment
- 5+ years of experience working in a supply chain capacity
- Master’s degree in business, engineering, or supply chain management
- Experience procuring a variety of aerospace hardware including mechanical components, electronics, and machined parts
- Outstanding customer/vendor relations skills
- Industrial or operations engineering management
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Posted 26 days ago