Business Development Executive
- El Segundo, CA 90245
- Job Type
The Business Development Executive will be responsible for the on-going prioritization and follow up on Phase Four’s customer pipeline. Applicants should have 5+ years demonstrated success in an applicable business development or sales role and strong knowledge of the satellite, earth observation and remote sensing markets.
The Business Development Executive will also be focused on developing innovative new business opportunities for Phase Four through market analysis and customer discovery activities. Identification, incubation and development of new partnership or client opportunities are essential to this role. You will report directly to the CEO and work cross-functionally with Mission Managers, Project Managers, and the Finance and Legal teams. Applicants should possess outstanding follow up with a strong sense of urgency and overall have a solutions-oriented approach to work and sales.
The Business Development Executive will also be focused on maintaining intelligence on the market, current and future partners, competitors, and technology trends, and using that knowledge-base to help guide and evolve our Business Development strategy.
- Lead Commercial (US and International) and Government Strategy
- Develop customer acquisition and marketing plans
- Conduct market research and analysis to support strategic customer base generation
- Develop plans to identify and establish new strategic partnerships
- Optimize channel partner relationships, lead generation and the sales process
- Analyzing missions’ propulsion needs and further developing and refining our CRM Tool.
- Manage complex agreements with our partners (contractual, ongoing customer service, etc.)
- Assess product and end partner needs and recommend the appropriate solutions.
- 5+ years demonstrated success in an applicable business development or sales role
- Strong knowledge of the satellite, earth observation and remote sensing markets
- Strong business writing skills
- A working understanding of spacecraft and the end-use case for space systems and data
- Demonstrated ability to work with standard office software and collaboration platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Understanding of aerospace regulations
- Leadership, influencing, and team building skills
- Continuous improvement and problem solving skills
- Ability to foster effective working partnerships with individuals within and outside the company
- Graduate degree in Engineering, MBA a plus
- Project/program management skills
- 2+ years in a consulting role in a relevant industry
- Proven track record closing multi-million dollar deals
- Cradle-to-grave business development (strategy/execution/close/customer satisfaction)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Posted 30+ days ago