After School Counselor
- Saint Petersburg, FL
- Job Type
- Salary: $8.50 /hour
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee day to day operations of after-school program in an at risk neighborhood. This person is responsible for providing a safe, caring, and educational environment while working with children ages 11 to 18 on various academic, mentoring, leadership, and other activities. Ensure overall program is aligned with the mission of PAL.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Model and uphold all agency policies and procedures.
- Promote and stimulate interest and participation in all activities.
- Build positive relationships with youths and serve as a role model.
- Quickly identify and seek to resolve conflicts and behavioral problems.
- File incident reports the same day.
- Complete necessary reports to monitor student progress and participation.
- Attend meetings with staff, parents, volunteers, PTAs, and community as needed to assist in program delivery and promotion of programs.
- Coach, drive van, mentor, tutor and keep students on a successful track.
- Keep the site, equipment, and supplies organized, clean, and safe.
- Supervise and monitor youth in following areas:
- Enrichment and other activities
- Pass a level 2 background check, finger prints, and polygraph
- High school diploma/GED
- Actively involved in everyday youth participation. (No sitting in the office while kids are onsite)
- Willingness to work with youth, parents, staff, and volunteers is a must.
- Must exercise good judgment, common sense, and make responsible choices and decisions.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, and the ability to speak professionally to staff, members, parents, groups, and community residents.
- Be responsible, organized, and familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Must be a team player and have patience, compassion and a strong desire to mentor and teach by example.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- 40 hours of initial training with the first 6 months and 15 additional hours per year.
Pinellas Sheriff’s Police Athletic League is a nonprofit organization that is funded by a combination of private donations and public funding sources. PAL provides educational, recreational, and cultural programs that inspire and support children throughout the year and offers afterschool programs for children 10 to 18. The Pinellas Sheriff's Police Athletic League is a nonprofit 501 c 3 organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Posted 16 months ago
- Staff Member in Charge - Part Time
Saint Petersburg, FL • Part-time • Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Community Impact and Engagement Specialist
Saint Petersburg, FL • Full-time
- Hydroponic Farm Volunteer
Saint Petersburg, FL • Part-time
- After School Volunteer
Saint Petersburg, FL • Part-time • Salary: $0.00 /hour
- After School MS/HS Counselor - Part Time
Saint Petersburg, FL • Part-time • Salary: $8.50 to $9.00 /hour
- Tutor - Volunteer
Saint Petersburg, FL • Part-time