Tutor - Volunteer
- Saint Petersburg, FL
- Job Type
The primary purpose of this position is to teach and tutor at an after-school program in an at-risk neighborhood. This person is responsible for providing a safe, caring, and educational environment while working with children ages 5 to 18 on various academic, mentoring, and leadership activities. Ensure overall program is aligned with the mission of PAL.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Model and uphold all agency policies and procedures.
- Promote and stimulate interest and participation in all activities.
- Build positive relationships with youths and serve as a role model.
- Tutor in subjects as needed, particularly Math, English, Science, or Social Studies
- Pass level 2 background and finger printing through the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.
- Willingness to work with youth, parents, staff, and volunteers is a must.
- Must exercise good judgment, common sense, and make responsible choices and decisions.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, and the ability to speak professionally to staff, members, parents, groups, and community residents.
- Must be a team player and have patience, compassion and a strong desire to mentor and teach by example.
Posted 5 months ago
- Staff Member in Charge - Part Time
Saint Petersburg, FL • Part-time • Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Community Impact and Engagement Specialist
Saint Petersburg, FL • Full-time
- Hydroponic Farm Volunteer
Saint Petersburg, FL • Part-time
- After School Volunteer
Saint Petersburg, FL • Part-time • Salary: $0.00 /hour
- After School MS/HS Counselor - Part Time
Saint Petersburg, FL • Part-time • Salary: $8.50 to $9.00 /hour
- After School Counselor
Saint Petersburg, FL • Part-time • Salary: $8.50 /hour