Media & Outreach Coordinator
- Morganton, GA
- Job Type
Project Chimps, a chimpanzee sanctuary located on 236 acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Morganton, Georgia, is accepting applications for the position of Media & Outreach Coordinator.
The Media and Outreach Coordinator supports the mission and fundraising activities of Project Chimps by designing, managing, and implementing a communications and marketing strategy that attracts and retains donors and supporters, and increases public awareness of Project Chimps.
- Contribute to a positive and professional organizational culture that promotes Project Chimps’ values, mission, and vision
- Build and execute a media and outreach strategy that includes social media, traditional media, and direct community outreach
- Work closely with the development team to develop media & outreach campaigns
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily creative content across multiple social media platforms
- Monitor and moderate Project Chimps’ social media accounts
- Use analytics tools to routinely measure usage and impact
- Regularly update the website
- Produce a regular newsletter
- Coordinate press visits
- Coordinate, train, and schedule volunteers to deliver direct outreach activities
- Help develop promotional materials
- Organize, attend, and/or participate in special events promoting Project Chimps
- Serve as spokesperson for the organization as needed
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in public outreach and social media management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of chimpanzee behavior and the need for chimpanzee sanctuaries preferred
- Advanced skills in multiple social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Advanced skills with the following or similar: Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Powerpoint, MailChimp, Flipcause, Buffer, BeLive, and WordPress
- Basic knowledge in SEO preferred
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically, be flexible, and use good judgement
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team of individuals with diverse backgrounds, education, and experience
- Because effective communication is essential to maintain safe working conditions and respond effectively to emergencies, the ability to speak, write, and understand English is required
The following physical requirements are considered to be essential for this position: the ability to stand, walk, run in the face of danger, and climb stairs, 20/20 binocular vision and peripheral vision with or without corrective lenses, the ability to hear with or without hearing aids, the ability to speak with or without assistive devices.
Individuals who are offered a position will also have to meet medical screening and vaccination requirements, and complete a background check. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Project Chimps participates in E-Verify.
Project Chimps is an equal opportunity employer.
Some weekend, evening, and holiday work may be required.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter by November 3, 2017
For more information on Project Chimps, please visit www.projectchimps.org
Posted 8 days ago