- Morganton, GA
- Job Type
Project Chimps, a chimpanzee sanctuary located on 236 acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Morganton, Georgia, is accepting applications for the position of Donations Coordinator.
The Donations Coordinator communicates and engages with low- to mid-level donors, and processes donations.
- Contribute to a positive and professional organizational culture that promotes Project Chimps’ values, mission, and vision
- Respond in a timely manner to phone calls, emails, mail, and other communication from supporters and the general public
- Receive and process donations
- Import data into the donor database
- Prepare and send donor acknowledgements and communications
- Assist with creating and distributing content for fundraising and outreach
- Process invoices
- Conduct tours
- Order and manage merchandise inventory
- Assist with fundraising, outreach, and educational events
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit administration, hospitality, or philanthropy-related fields preferred
- A minimum of one year of business experience in nonprofit setting or customer service environment required
- A minimum of one year’s experience using Microsoft Office Programs required
- One year’s experience in the use of donor database software preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Positive and patient customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically, be flexible, and use good judgement
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team of individuals with diverse backgrounds, education, and experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Computer skills, including word processing and database management
- Because effective communication is essential to maintain safe working conditions and respond effectively to emergencies, the ability to speak, write, and understand English is required
The following physical requirements are considered to be essential for this position: the ability to stand, walk, run in the face of danger, and climb stairs, 20/20 binocular vision and peripheral vision with or without corrective lenses, the ability to hear with or without hearing aids, the ability to speak with or without assistive devices.
Individuals who are offered a position will also have to meet medical screening and vaccination requirements, and complete a background check. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Project Chimps participates in E-Verify.
Project Chimps is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is part time, 20 hours per week, and may require some work on weekends or holidays as needed.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume by November 3, 2017.
For more information on Project Chimps, please visit www.projectchimps.org
Posted 8 days ago