- Job Type
PGI’s Intelligence division provides Corporate Intelligence and Geopolitical Risk Analysis to a broad client base. We work with various stakeholders within an organisation, including Board members, Senior Executives, Legal & Compliance teams and Corporate Risk Mangers to provide actionable and niche intelligence to mitigate risk and enable smart decisions. We are client-led, delivering bespoke services to meet clients’ needs and pride ourselves on developing deep relationships allowing us to deliver client-relevant intelligence.
We advise on risks to reputation, integrity, security, operations and business continuity. Our service portfolio includes Enhanced Due Diligence, Country Risk Assessments, Retained Monitoring and Complex Investigations. Our analyst team, each with specialist knowledge of geographies, industries and languages, are all trained in advanced open-source analytical techniques. We combine our UK team with a global network of intelligence associates, allowing us to deliver front-line insights and privileged information.
PGI is looking for a candidate with excellent research, analytical and writing skills to build on our dynamic Intelligence team. Language ability in Arabic is preferred but not essential.
The role is fast paced and will involve working on multiple client projects. You will be required to attend external events representing PGI and provide wider research assistance to the Intelligence team. In return you will be supported by the Team Leader and wider Intelligence team and given opportunities and support to progress within the department. You will be exposed to a range of interesting and exciting projects and clients. Our team is friendly and collaborative, with regular social activities between some fast-paced work days.
You will be working within the Geopolitical Team, responsible for geopolitical monitoring and analysis. The team are responsible for powering our ‘Risk Portal’ online platform as well as a producing range of retained monitoring and bespoke intelligence products to key clients operating in sectors including energy, media, logistics and financial services.
You will be responsible for monitoring, reviewing and updating content on the Risk Portal, developing a regional and/sectoral level of expertise which will be applied to retained and bespoke geopolitical reporting and playing a key role in the editing, reviewing and feedback process internally.
We offer a competitive salary according to experience and a benefits package including Pension, Life Assurance and Healthcare schemes. We focus on what needs to be delivered and support this with a flexible working environment and a holiday policy based on business requirements; not limited by set holiday allowances.
This is an opportunity to join an organisation with big growth plans where you can build a rewarding career working with a dedicated and committed team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Excellent written and verbal English, plus the ability to write clearly, concisely, and authoritatively to tight deadlines.
- In-depth research skills and able to interpret large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data. Experience in delivering corporate research strongly preferred.
- Thorough, accurate and detail oriented.
- Team player, flexible towards change and calm under pressure.
- Previous experience of writing substantial reports, both independently and as part of a team.
Qualifications and Skills
Expertise, qualifications and interests
- Excellent academic credentials. Such as a Degree in International Politics, War Studies, International Political Economy or regional specialism such as African or Middle Eastern studies.
- Excellent understanding and strong interest in international affairs. Ideally having a regional specialism.
- Experience at a competitor organisation or other related employer such as government, think tank, development organisation, consultancy or relevant corporate environment.
- Fully IT literate to include Microsoft programmes. Design or infographic skills would be a bonus. Confident open-source research skills including social media.
Posted 20 days ago