- Mississauga, ON
- Job Type
Are you an entrepreneurial pastry chef looking for an opportunity that will allow you to grow at a fast pace? Are you looking for a position that will allow you to fulfill your dreams of managing the production facility of a successful company, and get compensated based on your results? Are you a highly enthusiastic individual who strives under new challenges, loves to create new products, and look far beyond just creating great tasting food?
Rashmi’s Bakery is a fast growing company serving from two locations in Brampton and Mississauga. We are a premium cake shop and have been chosen as the best cake shop in 2014 and 2016 by Top Choice Award. Our new Mississauga location is our 8,500 sq. ft. production plant, using which we plan to expand our business rapidly. We are planning to add many new products to our current line and start serving banquet halls, wholesale customers, other bakeries and chain stores. We plan to start our franchise division and become one of the best bakeries in Canada. We will also be expanding our current cake business by offering one-hour custom cake services, on demand delivery and many other new initiatives to better serve customers.
Our bakery is completely egg-free and nut-free and we do vegan and gluten-free products on special order. These restrictions should not limit your creativity but rather bring out your creative side and see this as an opportunity to develop unique products.
A pastry chef will play a key role in our expansion plans; as our company grows, this individual will grow along with us professionally. Here are some of the other key points about this job position:
- Although experience has its place, we really value talent and passion. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about what they do, crazy to be successful and have dreams of being part of a fast growing business.
- You should be able to manage a team of people and motivate them to higher causes than just a regular job. This means you don’t require 10’s of years of experience but rather the drive to strive.
Quality and Production
- You should be crazy about creating high quality desserts and won’t compromise with even a single piece that is given to a person irrespective of the situation.
- You should know the new trends in the industry and can create new products to increase sales.
- You should be able to create standard processes for quality and production so anyone without any formal education in food industry can reproduce high quality products with very little training.
- We should not have to talk about cleanliness and food safety, as this should already be ingrained in your mind. You know the ins and outs of food safety procedures and can train your staff to follow these procedures.
- Floor and equipment in your work area should always look brand new.
- You should be able to cost all the products accurately.
- You should have strong feeling against wasting food and find innovative ways to avoid any wastage and work to reduce production costs to a minimum.
- You should know how to create checklists and processes so you are not required to be present in bakery all the time for production to take place.
- You should know how to create systems where employees are cross-trained; if one employee is to leave, it should not affect production as someone else is able to complete the job.
- You should know how to motivate other and your employees should love to work for you.
- You should learn continuously not only about new recipes and your field but a wide range of skills beyond what your day to day job requires.
- You should be an open minded individual who is ready to accept other people’s limitations and their point of view without being confrontationist.
So, if you think we are looking for superhuman for this position then you are right. We are looking for unique individual who has entrepreneurial dreams and can rapidly grow and learn at extremely fast speed. The individual is ready to accept short term hard work far beyond normal for long term results.
If you are the right person for this job and are able to deliver, then we will advance your career many years forward.
Posted 14 months ago