- Riverside, CA 92508
- Job Type
The role of the Home Shepherd is to provide care, encouragement, prayer and guidance to participants in Rebirth Homes’ 2 year program. The Home Shepherd oversees the day-to-day activities of the home. This is a residential role that requires the Home Shepherd to stay in the home. Leadership experience is essential as well as the ability to provide a nurturing and caring environment.
Rebirth Homes is a ministry founded on the love and redemptive power of Jesus Christ. We believe that each role is a calling, not a job. If God is calling you to serve Him in the area of providing care for women who have been trafficked, we ask you to pray through this role and apply as the Lord leads.
This role is nights and/or weekends. The job description below is a broad overview of what is required.
- Provide care through listening and validation
- Foster a culture of love and grace in the home
- Cook meals for/with the participants
- Assist with household chores
- Run errands to provide care and necessities for the participants
- Lead and coordinate volunteers during the shift
- Meet with and provide feedback to volunteers
- Debrief with volunteers regarding care for the participants
Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following experience/skills:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is active
- 5+ years of managing a household
- Strong ability to listen and validate
- Operate in humility
- Able to resolve conflict well
- Previous volunteer experience with Rebirth Homes or another anti-human trafficking organization preferred
- Ministry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
This role requires lifting and moving of up to 25 lbs.
Posted 30+ days ago