Therapist (Spanish Speaking)
- Las Vegas, NV
- Job Type
- Salary: $40,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Our Mission: To be the leading advocate for ending domestic violence providing confidential and comprehensive services while promoting the highest respect and dignity for our clients.
JOB SUMMARY : The staff therapist will provide individual and group counseling to children, victims and batterers in the SafeNest program in Las Vegas, Boulder City, and Mesquite. Duties include providing counseling, crisis intervention, and emotional/therapeutic support to the clients. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Therapist to provide individual and group counseling for women, children, and men affected by domestic violence.
- Provides individual counseling, including art and play therapy, to assist children in healing from the trauma of domestic violence.
- Working in conjunction with victim’s shelter advocate refers mother and child to appropriate agency or community resources.
- Compiles and composes reports to judicial and mental health systems.
- Maintains weekly case notes and progress notes
- Adheres to procedures for safeguarding client records and maintaining confidentiality.
- Maintains statistics and enters data into funding source database.
- Assists in conducting in-service training of other staff members, or volunteers, and consults with them on selected cases.
- Provides services to clients by professional standards and ethics
- Collects information about clients using interview, case history, and observation techniques
- Analyzes information collected to determine the advisability of counseling and referral to other community specialists or institutions.
- Reviews notes and information collected to identify problems and concerns.
- Counsels clients to assist them in gaining insight into personal and interactive problems, to define goals, and to plan future action reflecting interests, abilities, and needs.
- Evaluates results of counseling treatment plan to determine reliability and validity of treatment used.
- Compile and compose reports to third-party entities, as appropriate within strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or licensure intern.
- Spanish speaker strongly preferred
- Five years related experience and training
- Ability to lead key projects and achieve deliverables with limited
- Able to work with the confidential information required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of peers, clients, and the general public
REASONING ABILITY Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITY Must be able to work with children with possible behavioral or emotional challenges in a sometimes chaotic setting. Should possess an ability to balance tasks with relationships with peers and possess a belief in the empowerment of battered women.
The environmental conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the functions of the job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Job Description may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Your employment with SafeNest is “at will,” meaning that either you or SafeNest may end your employment at any time and with or without cause.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SafeNest is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants, as well as employees who are or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis by applicable law.
Posted 30+ days ago