Software Developer - Autonomous Vessels
- Boston, MA
- Job Type
- Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
Sea Machines is a fast-growing startup specializing in autonomous technology for marine vessels. We’re passionate about applying practical A.I. to the massive global ocean transportation market. Our products provide ships and workboats the intelligence to work remotely and give maritime operators the tools to effectively communicate with them. Based in Boston and operating globally, the company is crewed by an experienced team of mariners, engineers, coders, and autonomy scientists. Our culture is dynamic, collaborative and biased towards execution.
Sea Machines is venture-funded and we’ve introduced our first product, the Sea Machines 300. We’re located on the East Boston waterfront in historic Jeffries Point, with quick access to the T and water taxis.
We are seeking an Software Development Autonomy Engineer to join the crew at Sea Machines.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Software Development Autonomy Engineer designs, develops, tests, and integrates software algorithms, applications and APIs for autonomous surface vessel control & monitoring systems.
The successful candidate will become a critical member of our technical team involved with all aspects of control system development for remotely operated and autonomous vessels. The software developer/engineer leads module-level design and development tasks with no supervision, conducts QA/QC testing, and assists with system-level testing, trialing, and verification.
This position reports to the Director of Software Development.
• Develop software & algorithms for self-driving marine vessels
• Test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code
• Participate as a key member of a multidisciplinary engineering team
• Design, develop, test, and integrate Linux Applications
• Maintain software documentation and assist in the development of user documentation
• Participate in field testing
• Interface with electrical engineers, control engineers, web engineers, and mechanical engineers
Qualifications and Skills
• Previous development experience in industrial systems, autonomous control, automation or robotics
• Experience with writing control algorithms on a real time operating system
• Familiarity with MOOS or ROS
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or similar field
• Proficiency and minimum 5 years of programming experience in C++, C#, must be recent experience
• Proficiency in Python programming language and SQL
• Experience with relational databases
• Proficiency with several development tool chains and Integrated Development Environments
• Familiarity with basic electronics
Salary, Stock Options, Bonuses, & Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
Posted 8 days ago