User Interface Developer
- Boston, MA
- Job Type
Sea Machines Robotics
Sea Machines Robotics is a fast-growing startup specializing in autonomous technology for marine vessels. We’re passionate about applying practical A.I. to the massive global ocean transportation market. Our products provide ships and workboats the intelligence to work remotely and give maritime operators the tools to effectively communicate with them. Headquartered in Boston, USA with a new office in Hamburg, Germany, the company is crewed by an experienced team of mariners, engineers, coders, and autonomy scientists. Our culture is dynamic, collaborative and biased towards execution.
Sea Machines is venture-funded and we’ve introduced our first product, the Sea Machines 300. We’re located on the East Boston waterfront in historic Jeffries Point, with quick access to the T and water taxis.
We are seeking a User Interface Developer to design, develop, test and integrate graphical user interfaces for autonomous and unmanned surface vessel (USV) software systems. The successful candidate will work with the Sea Machines engineering team to maintain existing user interface systems as well as develop the next generation of UI technology.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, maintain and upgrade existing SMR user interface systems
- Participate as a multi-disciplinary engineering team member.
- Maintain software documentation and assist in the development of user documentation
- Participate in team meetings, stand-ups and quality reviews.
- Participate in field testing & trials.
- Document and communicate bugs & issues encountered during testing & trials.
- Work cross-functionally with technical teams developing autonomy, communications, perception, system interfaces and hardware to execute functional testing, system integration verification and performance validation on new products in automated simulation and in vessel trials.
- Develop collaborative relationships and work closely with suppliers, engineering, operations, sales team and customers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering. M.S. preferred.
- 5+ years of programming experience in Object-Oriented languages, must be recent experience (C# preferred, working knowledge of Python a plus)
- Previous development experience in graphical user interfaces used for vehicle control or mapping
- Proficiency with development tool chains and Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency using both Linux and Windows operating systems and familiarity with embedded systems
Posted 30+ days ago