Linux System Developer
- Job Type
Sea Machines Robotics
Sea Machines Robotics is a fast-growing startup specializing in autonomous technology for marine vessels. We’re passionate about applying practical A.I. to the massive global ocean transportation market. Our products provide ships and workboats the intelligence to work remotely and give maritime operators the tools to effectively communicate with them. Headquartered in Boston, USA with a new office in Hamburg, Germany, the company is crewed by an experienced team of mariners, engineers, coders, and autonomy scientists. Our culture is dynamic, collaborative and biased towards execution.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and install the complex Situational Awareness system
- Participate as a multi-disciplinary engineering team member.
- Maintain software documentation and assist in the development of user documentation
- Participate in team meetings, stand-ups and quality reviews.
- Participate in field testing & trials.
- Document and communicate bugs & issues encountered during testing & trials.
- Work cross-functionally with technical teams developing autonomy, communications, perception, system interfaces and hardware to execute functional testing, system integration verification and performance validation on new products in automated simulation and in vessel trials.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering.M.S. preferred.
- 2+ years of programming experience in Object-Oriented languages, must be recent experience (Javasctipt)
- 2+ years of experience in Linux System Administration, must be recent experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Right to work in the EU
Posted 28 days ago