- Toronto, ON
- Job Type
- Salary: $70,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
Sheba Microsystemsis an early-stage, well-funded, fast-moving company with ground-breaking MEMS actuator technology. Our mission is to become a world leading provider of compact camera auto-focus and image stabilization systems based on our actuator platform. Our technology has dramatically lower power consumption, longer lifetimes, and faster response than current standards.
Sheba Microsystemsis seeking driven, passionate, self-motivated and enthusiastic engineering team members to join us as we bring our technology to market. This is a chance to make your mark on the products that we will be shipping around the world. We are located in the heart of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a full resume and cover letter.
We are looking for a dynamic engineer with outstanding technical skills, work ethic and ingenuity to join the core of our product development team and help build the future of compact camera technology. This is a permanent, full-time position at our office in the MaRS Building, 101 College Street, Toronto.
- Reporting directly to the Executive Director, you will be a key member of the engineering team to develop compact camera autofocus (AF) and optical image stabilization (OIS) using our MEMS actuators.
- You will lead the design, integration and testing of the MEMS devices in the camera.
- You will develop and implement control algorithms for AF and OIS in our camera.
- You will develop test platforms for all cameras, and carry out demonstrations for potential customers and collaborators.
- You will develop relationships with key suppliers of image sensors and miniature camera optics to enable the development of our cameras.
- You will contribute to our product plans with ideas for new products and improvements.
- You will contribute to the business and technical plans, by helping to define all of our technical milestones.
- You will help supervise, mentor and train all members of the engineering team.
- You have a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent
- You have at least 2 years of experience in engineering product development
- Ideally you have experience with MEMS device fabrication, testing and integration
- Ideally, you have experience with electronic schematic and PCB layout software
- Ideally, you have experience with embedded micro-controller programming (Assembly, C and C++)
- Ideally, you have experience with MATLAB and Simulink, Zemax and Solidworks
- You have a proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and have the drive and motivation to succeed in the fast-paced environment of a technology start-up company.
- Fluent verbal and written English language ability, including technical language.
Posted 20 days ago