Support Manager - Forestry
- Birmingham, AL
- Job Type
This is an on-site/in-office position located in Mountain Brook, AL.
Silvics Solutions is seeking a candidate for the position of Support Manager with good leadership skills, sound judgment and the ability to troubleshoot and solve complex questions. Applicant will be responsible for the management and the overall operation of the Silvics Support group. This includes operational oversight for the team providing 1st and 2nd level technical support for internal and external users, as well as planning for new client deployment and training. This position has direct management responsibility for support staff (currently 4 members). A deep understanding of Forestry and Natural Resources as well as related software, GIS, Issue management systems and solutions, and wood settlement and forestry accounting processes is highly desired.
Silvics Solutions offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Lead the software support team in providing best in class customer service to both internal and external clients as well as the internal development team.
- Responsible for ensuring timely completion of support tasks and project related requests assigned to the support team.
- Lead efforts for both short and long-term planning necessary to implement support and training needs as well as deployment of applications and systems to clients.
- Work with team members and developers when needed to assist in the design/development of customer focused forestry software and data query solutions
- Plan and assist in training efforts related to Silvics Solutions suite
- Plan and assist in testing and maintenance release deployments
- Interface with customers to ensure our support staff are meeting and or exceeding their needs and define requirements for future application enhancements and bug fixes
- Promote Silvics Solutions Suite to clients and potential clients
- Conduct periodic performance reviews and counseling/coaching to ensure all team members are working optimally and to assist management in determining pay modifications.
- Assist in the development of internal personnel’s business specific knowledge base and growth.
- Develop and implement well documented processes and procedures to ensure consistency and increase productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Manage the internal issue management system including weekly ticket review and implementation of needed enhancements to issue management to increase productivity and customer service performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Management, Forestry, GIS, Natural Resources, Data Analytics, or other fields related to the scope of this posting.
- Minimum of 5 years of post-graduate managing software support staff and/or customer service related work required
- Minimum of 5 years of post-graduate work in Forestry, GIS spatial analysis, or Database analysis required
- Familiarity with industry standard GIS and spatial databases, SQL databases, and IMS systems is required
- Experience working with SQL database and/or MS Access as well as other MS Office Suite products required
- Experience in training clients on software and best practices required
Additional Skillsets Desired:
- Self-motivated with a desire for continuous learning
- Technically minded with an innate ability to troubleshoot and search for resolutions to complex issues.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in both a solo and team environment
- Excellent communications skills (Verbal and Written)
Posted 30 days ago