Software Support / Forestry
- Birmingham, AL
- Job Type
This is an On-site/In-Office Position
Silvics Solutions, LLC. is an industry leader in natural resources focused software and technology solutions based in Birmingham, AL. Silvics develops powerful, integrated natural resource management tools for organizations ranging from family trusts to global enterprises. Our goals are to be the industry leader in the geospatial services space, providing an intuitive and comprehensive software suite, support, and analytics; and to help our business partners streamline and translate complex spatial and tabular data, providing them with key insights to address mission-critical financial and management objectives. Silvics promotes a dynamic team atmosphere where all personnel are highly valued for their input and have a strong sense of ownership in our products and services.
This position requires overnight travel for work related purposes. Travel is expected to be less than 25%
GIS/Technology; Forestry; Natural Resources; Software Support
This position merges the traditional roles of Forestry, Application Support , GIS (Spatial) analyst, and Database Analyst. An understanding of Wood Settlement and Forestry Accounting processes is highly desired.
- Work with various teams on data and database analysis projects related to forestry
- Work with team members and developers when needed to assist in the design/development of customer focused forestry software and data query solutions
- Support field operations teams through tier one customer contact and support (email, phone, IM, Text, etc.)
- Practical problem solving and follow through on support requests
- Assist in training efforts related to Silvics Solutions suite
- Assist in testing and maintenance release deployments
- Spatial data maintenance including heads up digitizing, validation error correction, spatial data editing, and data mining.
- Interface with customers to assist in determining their needs and define requirements for future application enhancements and bug fixes
- Promote Silvics Solutions Suite to clients and potential clients
- Member of a small but robust team working in a team oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Forestry, GIS, Natural Resources, Data Analytics, or other fields related to the scope of this posting.
- Minimum of 2 years of post-graduate work in Forestry, GIS spatial analysis or Database analysis preferred
- Familiarity with industry standard GIS and spatial databases
- Experience working with SQL database and/or MS Access as well as other MS Office Suite products.
- Experience with customer support/customer service
- Experience in training clients on software and best practices
Additional Skillsets Desired:
- Highly self-motivated with a desire for continuous learning
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in both a solo and team environment
- Basic SQL, VBA, and/or MS Access knowledge
- Good communications skills (Verbal and Written)
Job Type: Full-time
Posted 5 months ago