- Seattle, WA
- Job Type
Solstice was the first commercial supplier of cannabis to the medical cannabis industry in 2011 and home to the first fully permitted large-scale cannabis production and processing facility in Washington. In 2015 we transitioned into the recreational market and are now a leading cannabis company in Washington with plans to expand to additional markets in 2017.
Solstice is growing fast and we are in need of key talent to help foster our success while providing valuable strategy to the organization. We see the Controller as a key piece in helping us establish and stay on course to accomplish our financial goals into the future.
Solstice is seeking a Controller with a strong background in cash management, cost accounting and financial controls. We are looking for a candidate who wishes to bring their vast experience and expertise to the growing cannabis industry, and create a foundation for sustained success. The perfect candidate will be ready to work closely with our Director and VP teams to develop and establish sound practices that will drive efficiency in both cost and processes.
Diplomacy, clarity, and precision in writing and speaking are required. You will be representing Solstice to our employees, vendors, customers and business partners. Above all, this position asks for a consistently positive, friendly, and focused individual. An organization in our type of growth mode needs to have exceptional human resources to help support a quick-paced, and sometimes chaotic, start-up environment. This position will report directly to the VP of Finance but will work closely with the GM and Directors at the Seattle facility.
We offer a competitive package that rewards strong performance and is results focused. In addition, there will be objectives and milestones mapped with growth factors that quantify the potential income earned each fiscal year.
*Controller responsibilities*include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manage accounting staff
- Manage day-to-day accounts payable and accounts receivable activities.
- Manage dynamic daily-monthly cash requirement workbooks.
- Manage semi-monthly payroll, related taxes, benefits and reimbursements.
- Assist Office manage with HR compliance.
- Generate timely and accurate monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP and legal requirement for our industry.
- Perform month-end / year-end close
- Maintain inventory’s using standard cost accounting methods to roll cost up into WIP or finished good inventory.
- Manage purchasing department, develop purchasing schedules for cash models
- Work closely with VP and directors to establish dynamic forecasting tools to reflect cannabis, labor and cash needs.
- Work with team to establish yearly / quarterly department budgets.
- Track actual vs. forecasted P&L’s.
- Month –and-year end close.
- Monthly reconciliation of G/L accounts, sub ledgers and credit card statements.
- Weekly / monthly financial and KPI reports.
- Assist tax accountants in the preparation of monthly / yearly tax returns.
Posted 23 days ago