Geotechnical Project Engineer (OH)
- Cleveland, OH 44114
- Job Type
Somat Engineering of Ohio, Inc. (Somat) has immediate openings for geotechnical project engineers in our Cleveland, Ohio office. We are seeking energetic and personable experienced engineers who are interested in growing their career in this field.
Somat is a diverse group of professionals that deliver sustainable infrastructure solutions and services for a better tomorrow. We specialize in geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing known for our excellence in service and quality and doing the right thing.
The project engineering positions we are seeking to fill involve a mix of project pursuits, proposal preparation, staff management, analysis, laboratory work, and project management. Some of the types of activities that you will be involved with are:
- Providing technical mentorship and guidance to staff/field engineers. This includes assisting with report preparation, review of reports and analyses, and overview of fieldwork procedures,
- Collaborate with clients on the completion of project deliverables,
- Providing project management for a variety of projects from conception to finish, including preparing proposals,
- Coordination of field and laboratory activities for the compilation of Geotechnical investigations for various types of structures,
- Development of site instrumentation plans,
- Engineering and Analysis of shallow and deep foundations, slope stability, bearing capacity, settlement, pavements, deep foundations, and retaining walls,
- Participation in professional societies and groups.This position will require some out-of-town work assignments depending on the project
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering with a geotechnical emphasis.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience involving geotechnical engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification or ability to obtain PE within one year.
- Understanding of geotechnical aspects of a wide range of civil engineering such as transportation, structural, and water resources.
- Demonstrates motivation to modify schedule as required to meet deadlines and/or client needs.
- Proven project and client management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of the geotechnical markets in office locations
- Willingness to become involved in the engineering community by giving presentations and participating in societies and groups.
- Experience collaborating and maintain relationships across offices.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Somat prides itself on performing any task with promptness and quality, which our clients have grown to know and expect. Somat employs some of the most experienced geotechnical engineers in Michigan and Ohio, providing years of knowledge to both our clients and our employees.
Posted 19 months ago