Construction Field Technician (MI)
- Taylor, MI
- Job Type
Somat Engineering, Inc. (Somat) seeking experienced field technicians in our Taylor, Michigan, office. The technician positions we are looking to fill have responsibility for performing materials quality control inspection and testing.
This individual is required to have some practical knowledge of science or engineering; and a practical knowledge of mathematics or computer science. A Somat technician performs a variety of standardized tests using established methods. Prepares test specimens, adjusts and operates testing equipment, and records test data.
- Performing in-place density testing to monitor backfill and fill material compliance with project compaction specifications.
- Monitoring bituminous pavement placement operations and performing in-place nuclear density testing to monitor pavement compliance with project specifications.
- Monitoring concrete placement operations and performing appropriate standard field tests and molding compressive strength test cylinders.
- Laboratory testing of soil and other construction materials.
- Documentation of field and laboratory data.
- Attend project/progress meetings when requested.
- Field verification of design parameters for construction of foundations.
- Minimum of 1- 3 years of experience
- Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) Certifications, such as Concrete Field Testing Technician, Density Technology Certified, Concrete Technician-Level I
- Valid Driver’s License
Posted 3 years ago