Direct Care Youth Worker - M-F 4pm-12am shift
- Easton, PA 18042
- Job Type
The Children’s Home of Easton has immediate openings available for full-time Direct Care Youth Workers on our weekday shift of 4:00 pm – 12:00 am. Direct Care staff are responsible for the physical and emotional well-being of each client placed under his or her supervision.
About Us: The Children’s Home of Easton is a private nonprofit organization that was established in 1885. We provide a caring, nurturing environment for children in need as well as providing assistance to their families. We provide a continuum of services, including group care and other family-like programs in a safe and compassionate atmosphere. We are fiscally responsible and provide long-term care through professional staff who guide, support, and encourage children to believe on their own self-worth and reach their full potential.
General duties and responsibilities for Direct Care Staff are as follows:
- Constant supervision of clients, including room/safety checks during shift hours
- Ensure client safety and personal development by following program rules and safety plans
- Medication administration
- Daily note-taking and other communication when necessary
- Basic housekeeping duties and maintaining cleanliness of the building
- Transportation of clients using company vehicles
- Ability to work with supervision and maintain professionalism in stressful situations
- Attend meetings and annual trainings when required
The Children’s Home of Easton offers the following to all full-time employees:
- Health & Dental Plans
- Paid Time Off (Vacation) & Holiday Pay
- 403b Savings Plan with Agency Matching
- High School or GED
- Driver’s License
- Over 21 Years Old
- Must Work holidays, school closings and early dismissals
*All applicants are required to pass a physical examination by a licensed professional and must clear all required Pennsylvania Child Abuse & Criminal checks in accordance with state laws, including a review of his/her driving record.
Posted 30+ days ago