Chemistry and Physics Teacher
- San Antonio, TX
- Job Type
- Born-again believer with testimony of salvation by receiving Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord.
- Active member in good standing of an evangelical, Bible-believing church.
- Public and private life that demonstrates Biblical qualities of a Christian role model, at home, work, and in the community.
- Practice principles of Christian growth including prayer, Scripture memorization and study, witnessing, and discipleship.
- Subscribe in full agreement to the Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
- Physical and mental characteristics to perform the job description and duties.
- Valid state or ACSI Teacher’s Certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate fields from a recognized college or university. Master’s degree in education field or pursuit of that degree is encouraged.
- Kind and amount of prior job experience and training as required by Board of Trustees.
- Support and endorse CHS’s policies and Christian Philosophy of Education.
- If applicable, meet requirements for continuing education as directed by Board of Trustees.
Superintendent, principal, and/or superintendent designee
Student teachers, aides, volunteers, students
- Support the mission, philosophy, educational objectives, and policies adopted by CHS Board of Trustees.
- Assist parents in leading students, in partnership with families, to know Christ and to make Christ known.
- Prayerfully teach the subject matter and skills that will contribute to the student’s development in the maturing process toward responsible adulthood.
- Conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner leading the school family by example.
- Encourage students to accept Christ as Savior and to grow in faith and knowledge of Him.
- Recognize the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their child’s education and spiritual training and the school’s role to assist them in the task.
- Implement the policies and procedures of the school on a consistent basis.
- Respond to the superintendent and the Board of Trustees in carrying out the policies of the school with a positive attitude and support.
- Follow the chain of command and the organizational flowchart.
- Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with students, parents, administration and staff; also in demonstrating love and respect by exercising confidentiality.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility in adjustments to the school program and administrative responsibilities.
- Accept appropriate positive constructive criticism from the evaluation process and make an effort for change through a self-improvement plan.
- Maintain high levels of ethics, professionalism, and integrity in performance of each relationship involved in the life of the school.
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence and improvement through continuing education, including meeting the requirement for ACSI certification, and academic credentials.
- Perform other duties as assigned in the policy and procedure manual or by the administration and administrative designees.
- Apply the principles in the philosophical statements in the school’s policy manual to the instructional program of the school.
- Meet minimum curriculum progress assignments as set in curriculum guides.
- Apply principles of Biblical integration to each subject area in the instructional program.
- Manage time wisely and insures that each subject is given adequate time and that the class stays on course with the daily schedule.
- Sequence learning activities logically and maximize time on task.
- Establish clear objectives for each lesson, unit, and communicate those objectives clearly to the students.
- Make use of resources, teacher aides, and enrichment/remedial materials.
- Follow an appropriate program of study that meets the individual needs, maturity level, and abilities of the students.
- Teach students to think critically (essay, discussion, problem-solving, writing assignments, etc.) at levels appropriate to the age and ability of the student.
- Teach study skills appropriate for the content area (outlining, organizational skills, time management, test preparation, etc.)
- Contribute to student interest through a creative presentation of the material or skills being presented and employs a variety of methods to effectively communicate content.
- Require student posture and participation during lessons, as well as the organization of the student’s materials and responsibilities.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Demonstrate punctuality in reporting to the campus for class times, meetings, devotions, and morning duty, as well as spend the appropriate and adequate time after school to complete responsibilities and to ready the classroom for the following day.
- Attend staff meetings, devotions, and staff development, serve on faculty committees, and participate in school activities as required.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show evidence of preparation in the form of lesson plans in RenWeb.
- Implement a systematic, consistent set of classroom procedures and habits to effectively manage students and facilitate learning.
- Balance discipline with firmness and love, maintain classroom control, and implement the discipline program of the school.
- Build sense of esteem, value, and worth in students through establishing an affirming, positive classroom atmosphere, based on the unconditional love and our position in Christ.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the classroom on a consistent daily basis.
- Take necessary precautions to protect school property, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Insure the health, safety, and welfare of the students through awareness and the implementation of applicable school policy and procedure.
- Maintain the process of teacher evaluation of student work with accurate, complete grade books, and student work returned and posted in RenWeb on a timely basis.
- Maintain the number of weekly and quarterly requirements for homework, quizzes and testing expectations.
- Communicate consistently with parents on the progress and needs of the students.
- Make time available to students for instructional and educational assistance outside class periods when requested to or under reasonable terms.
- Initiate contact with parents, alert them to problems in early stages, and keep them informed.
- Respond to parents and students, listen, and be available and approachable.
Terms of Employment
Salary is established annually, based on budget, performance, and other considerations and in accordance with Board approval.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the secondary or elementary principal (under supervision and oversight of the superintendent) on the basis of this job description. Administrative evaluations and recommendations shall be brought before the Board of Trustees annually.
Posted 24 days ago