Full Time Line Cook/Prep Cook
- Norfolk County, ON
- Job Type
Summary of Position:
Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils (including a wood fired oven).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, saute burners, ovens, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Close the kitchen properly and follow closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Restaurant Chef.
- Inform Restaurant Chef immediately of product shortages.
- Effectively communicate with customers and resolve customer issues in a positive manner and cater to customer needs while on shift.
- Occasionally provide assistance for on and off site special events, including catered weddings and parties.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience on a hotline, assisting with kitchen prep (including chopping and following recipes) in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent knife skills.
- Ability to adhere to cost control guidelines, recipe instructions, portion sizing, quality control guidelines and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to monitor/assess your own performance, and take corrective action when required.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and what Chefs are asking you to do.
- Must be able to work a combination of opening and closing shifts scheduled between Monday to Sunday 10am-10pm.
- Experienced and comfortable with Health and Safety procedures and identifying unsafe practices or conditions.
- Works well under pressure, and is able to accept constructive critism.
Our company works hard, of course, but we also like to have a lot of fun. That’s why we like to cook food that fresh and playful - it represents who we are. If this sounds like the type of place you’d like to work, please send a resume ASAP.
Please note that compensation will be negotiated based on your level of experience.
Deadline for applications is July 7, 2017.
Posted 5 months ago